White House Christmas philosophy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ghrit, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Conagher

Conagher Dark Custom Rider Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

A very nice set of legs you have there Melissa.... And it looks like you take very good care of them....:D

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I don't think I ever said he was incorrect, but if I implied such I was clearly mistaken. However, I still do not see the oppression that the Puritans brought with them as a viable exchange for the rule of one tyrant. "Tell me Gentlemen, why would I trade one tyrant three thousand miles away for three thousand tyrants one mile away?" -The Patriot

I don't think that a single Atheist ever burned women at the stake. just saying.

True. I will not try to upset the religious crowd, but bear in mind that it is almost impossible to do when any objective thought is offered to a people who have absolutely zero tolerance for anything not written in their holy books. I guess I will just have to resign myself to being more tolerant of the same old story being told again and again until enough people get tired of it. :) Yes, I agree, but I will not apologize. There isn't a single "protector" of the opposite viewpoint on this forum, not outwardly anyway -and that speaks volumes. I for one am sick and tired of the religious crowd always having the upper hand, it's THEIR pain and suffering, THEIR sorrows, THEIR feelings, THEIR problems...
    I will do my best. I mean no harm personally. I despise religion itself -the mass practice and indoctrination, NOT the personal beliefs of the individual. I HOPE I HAVE MADE THIS CLEAR ENOUGH.

Thank you E.L. for being candid and sincere. Best wishes to you and everybody else. [beer]

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Sea is right, nothing like politics and religion to stir the fire. At times we just have to agree to disagree, how the opinions and views are presented often determine the extent of the fire. In two seperate clauses the 1st Amendment to the U.S. Constitution protects freedom of religion and freedom of religious expression. I would expect those clauses to be protected here above all places. We are not all the same, nor do we think the same, that would make the world very boring. Although we are different we must be tolerant of other beliefs, and if someone wants to discuss religion or is open to listening to your viewpoint then by all means discuss at will, just in a friendly manner.

4. MinTX

MinTX lostinaustin

Well said, EL.

5. Brokor

Thanks. I will abstain from being rude and impolite as best I can, too.

I don't really have an agenda or a cause to support aside from logic and common sense.

6. MinTX

MinTX lostinaustin

My apologies for calling you arrogant.
    I believe there are an awful lot of folks who are more than just a tad... touchy these days, myself included.

7. E.L.

With legs like yours we encourage you to be as "touchy" as you want.
    Sorry I couldn't help myself........I had to say it before someone else did. [ROFL]:D

8. MinTX

MinTX lostinaustin

[rofllmao]
    Thank you, EL!
    I have been in a terrible mood all day, thanks for brightening it :D

9. E.L.

Brokor, remember you are among family here, but like all familys we squabble a little but we always protect our own even if we squabble.

10. Brokor

Heck you don't owe me an apology, but I definitely do appreciate your kindness in saying so. I really am rough around the edges, no point in arguing that one. ;)

And thanks, E.L. -we are a lot like family here.

11. E.L.

Glad to be of service. I would post a pic of my legs but I would not want all of the attention from the e-stalkers.

12. MinTX

MinTX lostinaustin

[ROFL][ROFL][ROFL][ROFL][ROFL][ROFL]

13. E.L.

I'll have you know that I have the best legs in the gym, men or women. Ask anyone in my family, they will tell you. Sets of ten at 500 lbs. on the leg press will do it, my body building little brother would kill to have my legs.

Although I appreciate them, sadly, I am not a leg man..........LOL!
    [rofllmao]

14. MinTX

MinTX lostinaustin

Jeeminy!
    I have wimpy legs :oops:

15. E.L.

It's all about moving the metal. Actually they look fine to me, as several on the board have already stated.

So why was your day so crappy?

16. MinTX

MinTX lostinaustin

The liberal jackasses (that I work for) who sit in their ivory towers in Michigan do not understand that folks are losing their jobs and having to walk away from their homes. The are calling to ask me what I am doing wrong.
    If I do not get fired for insubordination, it will be a miracle!
    They said.. and I quote.
    "You do not live in Detroit"
    My response was...
    "Yes, I have sense"
    Buncha Dumba**es!

17. E.L.

Things are bad all over, they know that they are just pushing your buttons. Shit rolls downhill, so when the pressure starts at the top, you know everyone will be feeling it at some time or another. The housing market is actually doing very well in our area. I hope things take a turn for the better. Don't get fired, its not worth it.

18. MinTX

MinTX lostinaustin

I am biting my tongue 'til it bleeds!

19. E.L.

You need to move, Austin is the suck.

20. MinTX

MinTX lostinaustin

I am job hunting, as I want to get the heck outta here, but jobs are scarce!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7