Who Are the Most Powerful People in America?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OldDude49, Dec 10, 2018.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

AlaskaChick

Ganado, Gator 45/70, Zimmy and 8 others like this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]

Brokor, Ganado, Gator 45/70 and 4 others like this.
  4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I found the Prager 'University' begging page facinating. I also found it facinating that Prager 'University' isn't actually an accredited university offering accredited university level educational programs. It's actually a conservative 'Christian' propaganda factory, churning out socio-political propaganda of a decidedly conservatively Jesusy flavour. Prager 'U' is no more a University than Landover 'Baptist' 'Church' is actually is Christian, or a church.

Authenticity aside, I am facinated by the unelected rulers of Amerika, who have their fingers in multiple lucrative pies...Donald is the Imperator of nepotism and cronyism...a place in his imperial court being easily and cheaply bought with flattery and sychophantic obsequiousness. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  5. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

And yet we have developed the unelected aristocracy that rules from the shadows with no accountability. If Trump were a wise man he would have simply bought a president instead becoming a president.

Gator 45/70, Zimmy, Merkun and 3 others like this.
  6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

This is made possible by our political system of electing those who we want! This went off the rails over 100 years ago when it became election of the wallet, when a politician can BUY the office and remove any other players, then we have what we have now!
    Any one care to take a stab at what Cankles Spent on the last election, the one where she lost to a clown, not the one where she lost to a Muzzy! Care to take a stab at what the Clown spent? What about the muzzy when he beat Cankles? Did he have all that money is his mattress? Who funded all this, and more importantly, to what purpose? POWER and CONTROL

7. chelloveck

Who says Donald is a wise man?

Donald is a vainglorious man whom, according to some reports, wanted the Presidential stage and hooplah , rather than the chair in the Oval Office. Donald has turned the Whitehouse into a reality TV show...which IS something he DOES, know something about. He was elected on the expectation that he would 'shake up' the executive government, and the fedèral administration of career civil servants. Instead, Donald is wrecking the executive and judicial arms of government by making appointments to his cabinet and the judiciary which are damaging to American interests, other than to his own and his family's of course.

Buying a president and allowing that puppet to get all the credit and glory? Just not Donald's style.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The ones who perpetrate numerous crimes against the American people and nothing ever happens to them.

9. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

LOL you missed a key word in what I said "IF"

10. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Chelly did NOT miss it, he specifically ignored it so he could continue posting crap.

11. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Well, I frankly don't care if it is or is not a valid university or simply an individual Professor that seems to know what he is talking about and is concerned - I liked the video and I think he was spot on. Yet, this is something we all have known about for years and it will never change. Doom and gloom talk? No, reality talk, pure and simple. They will never give up that power until there is rioting in the streets and blood flowing in the gutters. But, oh yes, they will talk and wring their hands, and talk and shake their fists, and talk and make silly little do-nothing Bills and talk and talk and talk...which does just about as much good as voting does in my opinion.

@chelloveck " He was elected on the expectation that he would 'shake up' the executive government, and the federal administration...Instead, Donald is wrecking the executive and judicial arms of government by making appointments to his cabinet and the judiciary which are damaging to American interests..."

I disagree. He wasn't elected in hopes of a 'shake up.' He was elected in hopes of a 'wrecking ball' being taken to Federal Administration and I am frankly disappointed he hasn't done even more.

As far as "damaging to American interests" by "wrecking the executive and judicial arms of government" - well - I fail to see it and, on the contrary, from where I am sitting it looks quite the opposite, but then I am an 'America First' type of guy.

But, I would love to hear why you think this. Seriously, I would be interested to know why a non-American thinks that way, maybe there is something I'm missing? So, swing away! But, please base your point on facts not emotions because we don't care if you don't like him, few do, and it's not necessary to like him. It's sort like the military in that regard, "You respect the rank even if you don't respect the man."

12. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Those that go to Davos for the annual get-together.
    Those that go to the Jackson Hole retreat.
    And any group members who's group rents out entire buildings and resorts and has better security than our president.

if they are at any of these events .. they would be the ones running the world.

Oh and the Mafia and the catholic church.

Oddcaliber, oldman11, Dont and 3 others like this.
  13. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

IF , Trump never said one word , IF , he never sent out one single tweet ,,, and kept doing the work he's doing , and the left kept up their continued attacks on Trump , with the collusion , impeachment , and everything else .
    Would , anyone be obsessing over how the left is , or would be acting ??
    Why is there more focus on Trumps , proposed collusion ,,, and not on obvious law violations from many many Dems throughout the country ? Only one word comes to my mind for this ,,,,, " Coverup "
    BTW,,,I've watched quite a few of those Prager U videos , and I have to say , I've agreed with quite a few of them .

14. chelloveck

"IF" Trump has the capacity for wisdom....he's certainly not using it. His tweets, speeches actions and behaviours are clear evidence of that.

15. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

You must of missed the last guy who was in there for 8 years?

16. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

The Trilateral Commision of course

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  17. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

It's always easier to hit ignore on trolls than debate them.

Don't debate against folk with more vested Google in winning instigation than truth.

18. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I don't agree with the Columbia Prof... he misses some of folks that have real power... think trucking Unions, stevedore's unions... either one of them could pretty much shut down the economy in three to four days... then there's the wet behind the ears kid that is currently watching a power grid... What about the stupid kid whose girl friend left him so he shoots up a school or something and makes everyone try to rethink the constitution....

Remember: Propaganda is propaganda... regardless of who puts it out ... the great thing about propaganda is eventually people let it think for them... Then when enough people believe in it it seems to become fact Take everything on the internet with a grain of salt do your own research, make your own decisions... Plug your ears occasionally to your normal web sites and news stations, and listen to the other side some of them have facts you may have missed...

YMMV or take what I say with a grain of salt...

19. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

It doesn't matter IF you like President Trump or the fact that the title of President has been granted him and should always precede his name. He is not only our President, but Command In Chief. Just as any officer in the military would reprimand a lower rank for not addressing him as Sir or his duly appointed ranks title, so should any Red, White and Blue American be corrected for not addressing our President with his title.

For all the banter back and forth, you have to give President Trump a few thumbs up for sticking it out there. No holds barred, here it is. Twister, Insta-whatever, Face-crack, or any other social mob hangout, he just says what he wants and doesn't give two cents about what you think of him. I appreciate the non-political correctness and 'here it is' approach, no matter how it is viewed or interpreted.

Cruisin Sloth, SB21, Merkun and 6 others like this.
  20. chelloveck

He was a hopeless duffer....stymied by the Republican Congress and Senate...regardless of the Mythical "super majority" some insist he enjoyed. Trump enjoyed, until mid term elections a majority in both houses and achieved very little other than pardoning some petty criminal cronies and dead celebrities; and ruling by fiat with a flood of EOs that make the 0bamination seem like a rank amateur.

Donald the Magnificant does not get a 'Get Out of Jail Free' card, because simply in the minds of some, that someone else was far worserer...if that were the case, Gerald Ford would have handed a fistful of GOOJF cards out that would make Tricky Dicky seem like a quiet achiever.

Each President is judged for their own competencies or lack of them; and judged on their own high crimes and misdemeanors. If Donald has excelled, it has been in surrounding himself with indicted and guilty unsavory 'colourful' characters...what they may know about his commercial and political actions may be the death of his purported MMXX bid for re-election...I pity the poor schmucks who put their hands up for that. It didn't end well for a number who did that in MXVI. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7