Who are YOU?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RightHand, Jun 30, 2012.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Once upon a time, long, long ago - in another century in fact, there was a little girl who wanted it all. She wanted to be a "regular girl" with a husband and babies but she also wanted to be Annie Oakley. She couldn't understand why everyone told her she would have to choose - it just didn't seem fair! Why, oh why, couldn't she do both?????
    a_gun_and_carriageE.

Young girls grow so the dolls changed into stuffed animals and the horses into horsepower but she was never the girly girl people seemed to want her to be. She discovered that most boys didn't like the girls who could take care of themselves so she spent a lot of time alone, thinking

The years passed but the times were not YET a'changin and she knew she had to pick a life and it couldn't include both. Even though she thought of herself as a bit of a renegade, she took a husband.....(poor guy, he didn't have a chance)

Being a take charge girl and a bit of a perfectionist, she threw herself into becoming the very best homemaker she could and worked hard to keep everything spotless but no matter how hard she tried, a feather duster in her hands never felt as right as that 1911 her Dad has taught to shoot.
    D1b.JPG

So eventually, she began her quest to find a spot for herself in the world. Someplace that didn't expect her to be just a girl sitting there looking good and definitely not one that that had anything to do with a feather duster.

Her quest took her to many interesting jobs where she met a lot of interesting people who all taught her something but it all never seemed to be enough to quench her thirst to follow her wild-eyed dreams from her early gun toting days.

Finally she met this interesting guy named Mike Sadlak. He needed help and she needed a new adventure so they began working together. She worked long hours for many years, sometimes in the office and sometimes in the shop. D2.JPG The hair turned gray, the wrinkles got deeper, the eyesight failed, but she finally felt as though she had found a home, a place that let her play with guns AND use her brain.

674.JPG

At last, she had work that she loved, friends who truly were friends, and customers who began to accept that a woman could know quite a bit about firearms without the world coming to an end!
    D3a.JPG

That little girl who wanted it all got it all - Just not all at the same time
    D5a.JPG

Not the end quite yet (I hope)

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Thanks. This is a great story.

3. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

A chick that likes guns, horsepower and has a brain. What's not to like, sounds like good times to me.

Gray Wolf and Cephus like this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Oh, I like the French Maid costume..... ......

Gray Wolf, E.L. and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

But I'll bet you'd rethink that if the feather duster was replaced with the .45 . :D

Gray Wolf likes this.
  6. BTPost

Nope, that would make it even better.... I can say that.... Momma is in Texas for 2 weeks....

Gray Wolf likes this.
  7. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Love it!

What's that you're working on in the post-maid, pre-red photo?

Gray Wolf likes this.
  8. BTPost

Looks like Inspection prior to shipment of machined parts.....

9. RightHand

BTW, lest I misrepresent myself, Tee shirt and jeans are my cleaning attire and the pink feather duster is merely the figment of my overactive imagination. Reality is a well worn but clean old cloth diaper - yes youngsters, we did use cloth diapers that required dunking, washing, drying and then careful folding! We stowed them in the back of our covered wagons.

Gray Wolf, Cephus and ghrit like this.
  10. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Nice. My poor hubby. I don't even pretend to want to be a homemaker. The man is a saint for putting up with me!

Gray Wolf and Motomom34 like this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I Agree..!!! Saucy as we say...ccc

Gray Wolf likes this.
  12. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Dee, in spite of still being a beautiful woman, you are one of the most capable people that I have had the good fortune to meet and that is trans-gender. We can all learn from your example.

Gray Wolf and BTPost like this.
  13. RightHand

And you. my friend, are a blind old pirate with a heart of gold. thank you

Gray Wolf likes this.
  14. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

You are one awesome Lady and a hellava role model for our younger generation.Great post!

Gray Wolf likes this.
  15. RightHand

I was really hoping to generate stories of a few personal odysseys. We all have stories of our journey just waiting to be told. How about you, Sapper John?

Gray Wolf likes this.
  16. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Not a whole lot to tell.I grew up in a military family and enlisted in the Marines at 17 and worked as a Combat Air Controller,got out and a year later enlisted in the Army.Worked as a Combat Engineer And jumped out of perfectly good aircraft during that time and spent a good deal of time clearing land mines in the Northwestern corridor DMZ of South Korea.I got out to save my marrage but it was to late,never home while on active duty, and became a LEO working as a Arson investigator and with a "Power Shift" working Drugs and High crime areas until an injury on the job caused me to be medically retired. I now work with Youthful violent offenders who are MR/MI. My son and daughter-in-law are both Marines and and I have a beautiful daughter and I have the most awesome 8 year old Grandbabygirl!My wife and I live a life we love in our little log cabin on 32 acres of timber and pasture that is way off the road and have been prepping almost all my life-it's a family tradition that I have passed on to my children and granddaughter.I have done most of the things that I have wanted to do in this life and I feel so blessed by the people in my life.I also have a brother who is a monkey who thankfully got me on the Monkey!

17. RightHand

Thanks SJ - You've got quite an interesting history there. Maybe others will jump into the pool now that you've gotten it started. We have a pretty close community of friends here and it's nice to sit around the digital firepit and share stories.

18. BTPost

If you read my "About Me" in my Personal Details, here on the Monkey Site, you will know most of what has transpired in my life, and has gotten me this far, in this life. I wrote it, to give "context" to what I write here in these forums. I think it is important, that folks have "context" when reading other peoples written works. ...... YMMV.... and I second, Seacowboys, and SJ's sentiments, above.... RH is one Classy Lady.....

Gray Wolf and RightHand like this.
  19. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I am a conspiracy theorist. I am a non-conformist. I am the guy "to watch closely". I am the one who doesn't speak unless he has something important to say. Usually.

I first started to come out of the typical mind-numbing sleep which effects most Americans soon after High School in the early 90's. A guy was on the television talking about the "US Taxpayers Party", and his name was Howard Phillips.
    tpp.

The party soon became known (as it is now) as the Constitution Party. Needless to say, after Phillips left, it was quickly inundated with religious extremists and the party lost its true momentum. I later hitched on to the Libertarian Party (and the Free State Project), but that also lost steam due to being infiltrated by radical anarchists and fringe groups which ultimately led to the party being grossly divided. It wasn't until much later I finally realized why political parties are quickly subverted and undermined in this nation.

My research began in the early 90's when I moved to the Boston area, and a local there noticed my "No Answers, No Taxes" bumper sticker from the We The People Foundation: http://givemeliberty.org
    [​IMG]
    A very good pamphlet was given to me by this friend, and the title is "Economic Solutions", written by Peter Kershaw. I never take anything at face value, even then --so I began to research what was inside. At this point, I hadn't heard of G. Edward Griffin and his own research done on the Federal Reserve, as there were no websites to assist in this research in 1995. I had to do this the old-fashioned way: public libraries and law libraries located in the town hall.

I found key legislation, Presidential Proclamations, and studied the "law" called into question --the USCA (United States Code Annotated), UCC (Uniform Commercial Code), FRC (Federal Reserve Code), and IRC (Internal Revenue Code). I learned that these codified "laws" did not come into being until the time of FDR and the emergency declared at the time. I photocopied any and all information pertaining to the Federal Register of this period which related to the creation of these codes, and the banking emergency. I purchased a law dictionary known as "Black's Law" and researched the relevant terms such as "Miscogeny", "Person", "Bank Holiday of March 6, 1933", and "Colorable". It turned out that the United States is a corporation (Federal) and everything within are also corporations (including our own fictional selves).

Emergency Powers Statutes, Senate Report SR 93-549, November 19, 1973

I learned what "capitis diminutio maxima" really means, and referenced this with the Birth Certificate. I researched what a "certificate" really is and why they have been used since the 1930's. I found that the original Trading With the Enemy Act of 1917 was amended by FDR in his first 3 days in office by Proclamation (#2039, #2040) and obtained copies from the town hall for everything I referenced. The original Act did not include "all citizens" of the United States in the definition of who is to be regulated and punished, but the amended Act by FDR --does. I checked to see if there were any laws enacted since that time to cancel these codes, laws and executive orders, and there were none. I initially researched with some folks from the American Agriculture Association, who first found some of this information that I later added to with diligent study. It turns out there are plenty of farmers who lost their lands due to FDR and the land grab which followed the dust bowl so many years ago. All of this hinges on one crucial fact in "law": The Emergency War Powers themselves. The greatest proof that the emergency of war powers are still in effect is the Bank Holiday of 1933 itself which grants the private Federal Reserve the privilege to conduct banking business. Since this holiday was authorized by a skeleton crew in Congress over the holiday (convenient, wasn't it?), the empowering Act itself can be found in Title 12, Section 95(b) which also makes the President and Sec. of Treasury co-dictators. The Constitution is essentially on "hold" status, and the President acts as supreme dictator, powers granted by our own Congress to this very day. The merchant law of Admiralty rules the nation, where a once simple common law and obedience to the Constitution only existed. Our court cases and will to stand up to tyranny were all we ever needed. We did not require income taxes to fund our society prior to 1933, and we never needed to be made into a corporate fiction to be licensed, regulated, tried, convicted and punished in the republic we once had.

I struggled with this information for many years, and I have seen friends lose control and have mental break-downs. Through the years, I have found a way to make peace with what is happening, and I accept what has happened knowing the republic is long dead, but hope is certainly not. No people will ever accept perpetual tyranny; sooner or later they will resist, they will begin to walk toward liberty.

This is only one small piece of my life. I have no children, no claim to fame and want for nothing, except liberty.

msscarlet, Dont, Ganado and 5 others like this.
  20. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I am a singer and a musician, a writer of songs and a teller of stories. Most of my life has been spent in damage control, salvage, and recovery; some people that know me think I am a compulsive rescuer but that is not the case; I will not waste me efforts trying to save anything unless it is actually worth saving.
    I have only recently taken up recreational drinking in the past two years, with fine whiskeys being my preferred libation. I own a 48' ketch that someday I plan to sail the world in until I find a place where I can live free, and that may well only be on the open sea.
    I like to ride motorcycles fast and there was a time that I enjoyed jumping from planes and climbing mountains. I make my living, among other ways, as a Captain of Salvage and Towing vessels, and a Commercial Diving Supervisor and sometimes diver, and I hold patents on artificial oyster reef restoration methods and and innovative fixed anchoring methods for oil containment boom. I have raised the largest ladder dredge in the world, the largest bucket dredge in the world, the largest floating dry-dock in the world, helped sink an Aircraft Carrier, and was the salvagemaster that recovered the oil tanker that was to be the second largest oil spill in North America, second only to the Exxon Valdez.
    I have raised ships and fought ship fires while wars were being fought around me. I have worked and lived in 21 different countries and I still have friends in all of them. I have never been a soldier or a policeman, though I have worked extensively for several branches of the government and military and Law Enforcement including State and Federal Agencies in this country and others and still do on occasion, most recently with a Special Forces A-Team and the United States Coast Guard and U.S. Customs and Border Patrol.
    I collect edged weapons and firearms and have a representative collection of most US and Allied small-arms from the late 1800s until present. I own a recording studio and a fine collection of guitars and other quality instruments. and hope to branch into producing Audio-books in the near future. I have a stage band that is described as sort of like the Trans Siberian Orchestra with a Southern Accent.

msscarlet, arleigh, Ganado and 5 others like this.
  1. oil pan 4
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dont
  4. Yard Dart
  5. GhostX
  6. Mortimer Adler Moose
    Thread

Oligarchy!

[ATTACH]
    Thread by: Mortimer Adler Moose, Aug 25, 2016, 18 replies, in forum: Freedom and Liberty
  7. Yard Dart
  8. Bandit99
  9. Yard Dart
  10. marlas1too
  11. Yard Dart
  12. RightHand
  13. Ganado
  14. Garand69
  15. Legion489
  16. duane
  17. Yard Dart
  18. Yard Dart