Who needs food when you have a flatscreen?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ditch witch, Jul 8, 2012.

1. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I've done some 'dumpster diving' in my day to get some good stuff. I never cease to be amazed at the stuff people just throw out. Best dumpsters were those for thrift stores. Once I scored a perfectly nice silk blouse, no stains, no tears, nothing wrong with it. And place we lived for a few years, the dump there you could go and buy still good appliances/furniture people dumped really cheap. Right now I'm just enjoying the fact we've got alot of people moving out of our neighborhood(they're elderly and have health problems and wanna be closer to family/doctors). Already scored 2 beds, an entertainment center(should be getting another one soon), a tv, some kitchen jars(like for sugar and stuff), a potato baker, planter pots, wrapping paper(for crafts), and various other goodies all for free.

2. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I hope you didn't get those GREAT Heels dirty !!!

Just reading , I can remember my nose hairs melting from the stench..

Edit Add: Just so it comes across : Ditch's shoes

3. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I got a high end thrift store in my local town. It is amazing the like new bargains I find there for pennies on the dollar. I stop by once a week or more, and make no apologies to anyone for it. I almost always find something to purchase when I go there.

4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I recieved my new 40 inch LCD flat screen for my trailer today.... the piece o crap screen was cracked. Guess it is back to Wally World.....

5. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I just picked up mine 40 " LED from WW .
    328.00 last week . 7 watts usage & .02 off.
    Great deal

Yard Dart likes this.
  6. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Neighbors who moved out today(well kinda, had a few things they're coming back Sunday for, but moving company came and basically emptied the house out today) also gave me more goodies last night, including real combat boots(actual military issue, not the kind you get at the mall). They had them hiding in the closet for years because they didn't fit anyone they knew when they got them, so they're basically still brand new. And they fit me just fine :) I hope their TV(they have one of those HUUUUUUUUUGE home theater type TVs) doesn't get damaged in the move.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7