Who says LEOs are unhelpful and abuse their authority?

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by chelloveck, Sep 15, 2011.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The Constitution does not provide rules for or provide in any way for decent behavior; decency is another matter entirely. The whole thing is, more than anything else, an indication of the mores that "church" espouses. Further, the boys in blue have some discretion in enforcing local laws, which it seems they exercised rather broadly. :lol: The boy's and citizen's mores are more in concert with civilized behavior in this instance, I think, than the "church" behavior. I [bow] to them for creativity.

That said, it's my belief that the "church" would win in court if any of the family's support groups or people were charged and evidence provided. Seems like the activities were in the plausible deniability arena. Love it. Would be interesting to see how long a change of venue might have taken, eh?

Also, I dare say that the cops can deal with the parking lot problem, it's within their purview to deal with interferences of free movement of any citizen on public or private property if invited in to do so. (Here, I'll assume the motel knew of the call and activity, and approved of it, even if tongue in cheek.)

I'd (almost) hate to see the consequences of that outfit were to get in the way of a patriot's funeral up here in the hills. Some of my neighbors are pretty creative, and a couple more are pretty blunt when it comes to common courtesy. Paybacks are hell, 'tis said --- [dunno]

And yes, most cemetaries are private property, owned by an association or church organization. However, the fact is that one can see in, and what one sees over the fence is pretty well acknowledged to be in the public domain.

AD, you're correct, the forefathers did not see the degradation of social behavior. More's the pity; they figured that people would bring up the following generation as they were raised. Didn't happen, obviously, and too many "rights" have been inferred or conferred on anal pores. It's got to the point where the lines between rights and conferred privileges is so blurry that almost anything goes. [loco]

2. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

I didn't realize that a privately owned cemetery was a public place.

3. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

It's not but the expectation to privacy don't apply if a person can stand on public property and see in or where the people from with in the cemetary can see them outside on public property. I agree, I wish they would come to some of the small towns in the hills here and try it. We also have very creative people. Some has even taught me a few things on several calls I've responed to on how to get around the system and be legal. You are right it's a moral thing and alot of people in todays time has no moral's, no respect for other's and don't care what another is going through as long as it dosn't affect them. The lack of parents teaching their children right and wrong, the lack of children getting their A$$ busted growing up, The lack of God in schools and at home is the cause of this type of behavior. I am a firm believer in what go's around will come around and I hope the families of our fallen soldier's get to see it.

Cephus likes this.
  4. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

"they" were supposed to come to Mills River, NC. As lots and lots of locals filled the available space and the church was private property the Deputy Sheriffs where there.

The good old boy Deputies and State Cops had a lot of smiles for us....

And "they" never showed up.. Which was fine with everyone.

Maybe it was the sound of the banjos?? :D

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7