Wholesale 90%

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by melbo, Mar 17, 2006.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I just got an in with a dealer who ships all his pre-65 off to a smelter. Told me he'd let me have it for that price if I wanted.

Anyone wanting to pick up a small bag of silver, let me know [boozingbuddies]

2. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

So that would be what, about 6x face?

3. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Say someything I have been wondering about might go well here to and if not feel free to move it to another thread.
    Has anyone here who dose the silver thing considered or tried makeing a deal with someone who runs vending machines or works in retail where they get a lot of change passing through to pay them say 3 or 4 times face for any pre 65 coins they can bring you? I mean you know that aside from the ones that have just been in a piggy bank or change jar no one thought about that theres tons of them that some kid grabs out of their folks change so they can go buy a soda or someone finds change when cleaning up at a relatives who has passed on or gone to a retirement home and they dont pay any atention or know any different and spend it at face value, not to mention the people who do know but get hard pressed and cant find a buyer and have to have a couple gallons of gas or something.
    So I would just think that that might be a good way to get at least a small supply of pre 65 coins comeing in at a great price.

4. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

This is a good deal from a trusted source... anyone thinking about it .... this is a no-brainer if you don't already have your own source and plan.....
    Thanks Melbo.... [applaud]

Otherwise.... Party on!!!! [boozingbuddies]

5. Merc49

Merc49 Monkey+++

How much Melbo For Say $25 Face. I am interested.

Merc49

6. melbo

Merc,

I PM'd you back.

The dealer has raised his price a bit but it is still at or under spot, depending on the time of day. I last bought some 90% at 9.7X when spot was 13.75. Not bad, not great either.

Then again, you can't find SPOT pricing at APMEX Tulving for a $25 (Face) purchase...

let me know. I'llk hook you up with COST of shipping and 0 fee for me. ;)

7. Bear

You're a good guy Melbo for offering this.... [applaud]

Even a small start $25 face is better than most folks.... that's 17.875 ounces... good beginning!!!!! congratulations !!!!!.....

I don't know why more members haven't jumped on your offer.... or maybe they have... [winkthumb]

Time to wake up folks and look around.... not just preserving your financial future but hopefully you're making some other plans to secure against the unknown possibilities that seem to come when you least expect it... and at the worst possible time.... This place is called "SURVIVAL MONKEY".... duh.....

Here's a thought..... When Melbo offered this.... March 17.... silver was just a bit over $10.... TODAY it closed at $14.94 after it crested over $15.00 an ounce......

That's a pretty good return...... what are you getting on your, readily available, long term investments ?.....

Hope its more than at least 7%.... [winkthumb] because that's how much less your dollars are worth just since 2004.... check out the inflation calculators available by doing a simple search....
    Then I hope it's more... because otherwise... you're just dead in the water... no gains... flat.....

Things that make you go .... Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

However, most folks won't do anything now.... complain that they missed it.... say that they'll wait for the next pullback.... and when silver hits $20, end up wishing they had done something when silver was $15.... then not do anything again.... complain that they missed it ..... say that they'll wait for the next pullback.... and when silver hits $25, end up wishing that they had something when silver was $20.... then not do anything again.... complain that they missed it ..... say that they'll wait for the next pullback.... and when silver hits $30, end up wishing that they had something when silver was $25.... well you get the picture....

Pretty sad..... oh well.... :(

Party on! [boozingbuddies]

8. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Other than a small daily pullback, silver isn't coming down. It's on it's way to 100 bucks an ounce or more. Anyone looking back at the rise in the early 80's can forget that as a guide, this is a whole different set of fundamentals today.

Gold is going well over 1000 and silver over a 100. That is not particularly a reflection of gold or silver, but instead, of how crappy the Federal Reserve Note actually is. IF you have long term savings denominated in FRNs, you stand a real good chance of getting screwed, glued and tattoed.

Protect yourself.

9. melbo

10. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Please send details [winkthumb]

11. abacus

abacus Monkey+++

Melbo,
    I am interested and if you can send me some details I'd really appreciate it.
    Thank you.

12. melbo

The deals have narrowed a bit with the rise in price. I can now get at SPOT which is not the deal I was getting when I first posted this.

Right now, I can get you $30 face in pre-65 US coin, (90%) for about $320 + shipping
    Dimes, Quarters and/or halves

As to those waiting for a "pullback" before buying... I just dropped another $3K on 90% today. Only difference is that it brought home less oz than 6 months ago....

So long as they will trade me metal for worthless paper... I think it's a bargain

13. Bear

Possible Buying Opportunities showing themselves..... price is down today.... [winkthumb]

Do your homework and decide if its gonna go lower or higher...... [banghead]

Then stick to the "plan".... er.... umm.... you do have a plan... right???! :cool:

Or wait until later...... [tng2]

Party on ! b:: [dancindevil]

14. TnAndy

Last dip a couple weeks ago, I got in at the mid 12 range for 5--100oz Englehards...I'll take it if they are giving it away.

15. Bear

[winkthumb]

Good score.... er..... what are you seeing out there in "90% Land" ?

I think we just might see a good dip again...... but just for a little while.... [winkthumb]

Sure wish it would go down to mid-single digits again.... then I could back up the truck to the loading dock... :D

I hear Melbo has one of these on his desk.... [ROFL]

[​IMG]

16. TnAndy

Haven't shopped for any 90% in a while, so I really don't have a clue how the market is for it.......last I bought was when it was in the 6.50 FRNs/oz range.

Those 100oz'ers where the first of them I've bought, and just to top off what I now consider is 'enough' silver.

Any future purchases will be gold, which probably won't do what silver will do in terms of percentage, but is a more concentrated form of money, and is not likely to loose out, based on a few thousand years of history.

17. Bear

I agree.... pretty much the same here... got some small denominations last night at its near bottom.... a little gold is a good thing.... [winkthumb]

18. melbo

Bought some Copper today....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7