Who's your favorite Preacher

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by cdnboy66, Aug 7, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

This is one guy who "walks the walk'. His is one ministry I support fully.

kellory likes this.
  2. Icefoot

Icefoot Monkey+

I love Mike Warnke. I had to stop playing my "Hey Doc" vinyl before I wore it out. Wanted to save it until I can get it converted to electronic file format.

3. Rabid

Rabid Monkey

At one time I listened to Joseph Stowell on the radio, great message and good presentation of the Word. I have not found anyone since that time that has really spoken to me. Nor have I had a local church pastor that has come close to satisfying my hunger for the word. I am fed up with easy believeism and the outpouring of milk to satisfy those who don't want to venture into a deeper walk. I was a laypastor for two and one half years and give a hard critique of the message given and more often than not they don't meet my expectations. For that reason I rely on authors like Charles Swindoll, Max Lucado, Phillip Yancey and my favorite, LLoyd Ogilvie for the meat I need to become stronger in faith.

Sapper John and Minuteman like this.
  4. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

I want to say thanks, to all of you, who have and will weigh in here.
    I will investigate them all.
    Iron sharpens iron it is said and I appreciate your responses.
    I have read and really enjoy authors like Phillip Yancey. His book on Grace is still roiling internally for me. Max Lucado also challenges me.

I stand at a bit of a crossroads after a terribly failed marriage and the court battle for children we are engaged in.

But I BELIEVE!!!! and in the midst I seek grace
    I seek, and therefore I know I will find, but I am hungry for truth and I really want to follow Jesus.

I am just a little burnt out from Churches and the damage they have unwittingly inflicted.
    it's a season, and won't last. This too shall pass.
    That fellowship of believers is too powerful when it works to avoid it forever.
    I have stood in a hall with thousands of believers at worship.......a wee taste of heaven I believe.

I am just trying to listen through the static and be as obedient as I can.

I have a sense that if I hold fast, keep my eyes fixed on Jesus, and be patient, life will be full.

in the meantime, I want to hear the word preached, to be challenged and to be inspired and filled with hope.

Thats what good preaching is, isn't it?? building foundations to withstand the storms of life

jim2, Mindgrinder and Motomom34 like this.
  5. Minuteman

I am praying the fathers peace and strength be with you through this trying time. I too have gone through the same thing and know how difficult it is. I lost my family, my home, very nearly my freedom. I spent 4 years and thousands of dollars in a messy divorce and custody battle. But I determined from the start that I was going to take the high road. That I was going to stand on the promise that what God takes with one hand he gives back ten fold with the other. I put it all in his hands and went through some of the darkest days of my life. Finally I won custody of my daughter, something even my lawyer said was nearly impossible. I now am married to a Godly woman who helped me raise my daughter in a Christian home, I have a new son, a beautiful new home, and my career is at it's peak. PTL. So keep the faith brother and persevere. If God is for us who can be against us?
    I would recommend a book by Oswald Chambers, My utmost for his Highest. It is a daily devotional that really helped me through some dark days. I see on the website that they even have it in phone apps now. It is very inspirational and uplifting. God bless.

My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers

jim2 and Motomom34 like this.
  6. Minuteman

I too am very disillusioned with what I call churchianity and christiandumb. I always felt like an outsider in mainstream churches. I didn't fit the mold. it took me a long time to realize that there is no mold. God made me, and he instilled in me the things that make me, me. He called me and wants me, not my imitation of what I think a christian is supposed to be. A lot of churches are cookie cutter molds and doggedly stick to denominational doctrine and man contrived ideals. They preach denominational dogma over biblical truth.
    I love God but I hate religion. Even Christ was anti religion, he was opposed to and confronted the churchianity of his day. So don't be discouraged by institutionalized religion. Seek Gods presence and surround yourself with the word, and faithful believers and your walk will be straight and true.
    It reminds me of a Mike Warnke bit. After he got saved he started to convert himself into a "Christian". He cut his hair, bought a "Pat Boone" suit and went out to start serving God. But he hit a brick wall every where he turned. After some months he was frustrated and came home. He talks about how when things are really good in our lives we pray those poetic King James prayers, "Oh Lord'eth, I come beforeth thee'eth and worshipeth youeth todayeth" But when things are bad we just hit our knees and cry out "GOD!!!". He says he didn't even wait until he was in the bedroom he hit his knees in the hallway and slid up to the bed and cried out "GOD!!! What are you doing wrong? Why aren't you helping me!!? And God said to him "Not me'eth, you'eth!"
    He said he prayed "God I answered when you called, I am trying to serve you, what is wrong?" And God said "I don't know who you are. I called Mike Warnke, not Mike Warnke's impersonation of Pat Boone. I already have a Pat Boone, I need a Mike Warnke." He realized then that God calls us, just as we are, with all our baggage, all our faults, all our desires and preferences. That really helped me at that time to realize that myself. If you're biker trash, be biker trash for God. If you're a long haired rock and roller, be a long haired rock and roller for Christ.
    Search the word with a prayerful heart and open mind. Accept what God teaches you and question everything man teaches you. Don't let religion come between you and God.
    But don't "forsake the gathering of the saints". Like you said, iron sharpens iron. We need the support, the fellowship and the inspiration of fellow believers to become the best us we can be. God be with you on your journey. Fight the good fight, finish the race. God Bless.

kellory, Mindgrinder and BTPost like this.
  7. Minuteman

If you ever find one please let me know. I have an old cassette tape collection of a lot of his work. I would love to find it in digital format. I couldn't find any of the old stuff on youtube. I think when he went through the controversy and persecution a lot of companies abandoned him and stopped selling his merchandise. It's true that Christians eat their own. I met him a few years ago at a local church. He is still funny and inspirational, but he has lost a lot of his early spark, he seemed to me to have some bitterness come through in his messages. But who could blame him after the way he was treated by the "Church". I never even delved into all the details. I don't care, his messages are a big part of what led me to salvation and sustained me in my early formative years. And if he embellished his testimony to make it more dramatic or funnier then what do I care? His messages resounded with tens of thousands of young Christians.

Icefoot likes this.
  8. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Sup? Thanks for stopping by!

HUZZAH!
    Amen.

9. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

Thank you brother, your words humble me and remind me of my inheritance
    I fix my eyes upon the prize.
    Know that I am privileged and honoured, to run the race with men and women such as yourselves

Motomom34 and kellory like this.
  10. Mindgrinder

LINK DUMP EDIT

The file HAS been there...but no seeders.

Torrent File Contents (16)

• Mike Warnke
      • Mike Warnke - Out Of My Mind - Part 1.mp3 - 32.06 MB
      • Mike Warnke - Out of My Mind - Part 2.mp3 - 29.13 MB
      • Mike Warnke - Growing Up - Part 2 - 1983.mp3 - 25.49 MB
      • Mike Warnke - Growing Up - Part 1 - 1983.mp3 - 23.95 MB
      • Mike Warnke - Hey Doc Part 2.mp3 - 23.5 MB
      • Mike Warnke - Alive - Part 1.mp3 - 22.79 MB
      • Mike Warnke - Hey Doc Part 1.mp3 - 21.79 MB
      • Mike Warnke - Jester In The Kings Court pt. 1.mp3 - 21.52 MB
      • Mike Warnke - Alive - Part 2.mp3 - 20.68 MB
      • Mike Warnke - Undercover Christian.mp3 - 16.81 MB
      • Mike Warnke - Stuff Happens - Part 1.MP3 - 12.62 MB
      • Mike Warnke - Stuff Happens - Part 2.MP3 - 12.27 MB
      • Mike Warnke - It's Not Us, It's Him.mp3 - 3.17 MB
      • Mike Warnke - Tennessee Home & Blankety Blank - Live 1976.mp3 - 2.98 MB
      • Mike Warnke - Catholics & Hell.mp3 - 1.08 MB
      • Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.me.txt - 46 Bytes

11. Minuteman

Thanks MG but I don't know what that is. I tried to download the files and got multi pop-up's and warning messages from my web security. It changed my home page and am still fighting glitches in my computer. I deleted all of it off my computer. May be why no one has been accessing them.

12. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

13. Mindgrinder

Ugh my bad - I should have told you what link to click.
    Wouldn't matter - there are no seeds...meaning...nobody is sharing.
    The file names are there though...you might be able to find them "elsewhere".
    (not TPB - I checked)

14. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

Check the groove shark link.... It might have some of what you are looking for

15. Minuteman

Awesome!! That works great. Too bad it's only 2 tracks tho. The best story on the album is the title Hey Doc. I've remembered that story all of my Christian life. Very moving and powerful. Circle the Wagons is great. "Shot by an arrow man!!" Love it!

Just started listening to it and realized it is the entire album. Fantastic. Mucho Gracias cdnboy!!!!

Mindgrinder likes this.
  16. oldawgswoman

oldawgswoman Monkey+++

I find Mathew Henrys commentary quite helpful in my bible studies. He has an extraordinary penmanship in his writing. He really makes you think and.often gives you a whole new perspective on passages you may be struggling with. I think he is amazing. I believe that if you pray the prayer of faith and ask God to open your heart and mind; He will touch, teach and speak to you in any way. It may be that humble unpaid preacher. It may be a television or online bible teaching. It may be your best friend. I pray for God to make me hungry, to feed me to the fullest and to give me wisdom through His word. I believe His promises and I trust Him with everything. No worries here. Blessings to you in your walk with Him.

Hammerhead, BTPost and Minuteman like this.
  17. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

There is a copy of that book right here on the coffee table next to me. I may not read it daily but when needed it is right here when I need a dose of uplift.

18. Mindgrinder

Jesus never said nothing aboot ideas/songs being property.
    You sir....are a copyright criminal!

*smirk*

19. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

20. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

Melbo,
    I am trying to find them, the link is doing funky things on my iPad,, but WOW.
    What an amazing treasure chest of sermons, thank you.

1. arleigh
  2. Asia-Off-Grid
  3. Asia-Off-Grid
  4. Motomom34
  5. Motomom34
  6. GhostX
  7. OldDude49
  8. duane
  9. OldDude49
  10. Yard Dart
  11. Brokor
  12. Minuteman