WHTI

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by mage2, Feb 17, 2009.

1. mage2

mage2 Monkey+++

The new RF based passport cards were researched by a hacker, as being a fellow hacker I tend to keep up with this stuff. Here is a talk about how bad the WHTI is. It is sorta technical but has points everyone should know.

http://hackaday.com/2009/02/16/shmoocon-2009-chris-pagets-rfid-cloning-talk/

have fun and get your metal foil wallets ready

2. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

I say just destroy the RFID in it as soon as you get it. With a magnet or by bending it back and forth abunch.

It's still a valid passport if the RFID is broken.

3. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

Wow, 57 minutes, but very interesting.

~ 22 minutes good info
    and ~ 33 to end good " ability to track IN REAL TIME your location in a mall..."
    ~48 minutes how to kill them. "disposable camera" and at ~53 min shielding
    in between is technical but interesting.

4. WestPointMAG

WestPointMAG Monkey++

Just to see if I understand this right. In theory someone or someones could change all of the to give out the same information.
    Am I correct?

5. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

I think you mean scan your passport then change the info to someone else. yes that was said in the talk. He mentioned making everyone Milley cyrus.

6. mage2

mage2 Monkey+++

yes, its BAD BAD BAD BAD, but looks like no one is going to stop the roll out. so break it however you wish but do not let any RFID especially this one survive.

7. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

So, wrap that bugger in tinfoil.......

8. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I was wondering what it would look like, in a microwave set for 15-30 seconds...!
    Maybe a great light show?
    Bill

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7