1. Given the media intensity given to the Covid 19 (otherwise known as Corona or Wuhan) virus, there seems no reason to have posts on that very specific subject in several forums Accordingly, all of those posts will be moved to "Headlines". All new items on that subject should be posted there as well. This notice will expire on 31 May, or be extended if needed. Thanks, folks.

Why I don't have a cuckoo clock...

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by CRC, Oct 19, 2005.

1. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

or a husband.. ;)

The other night I was invited out for a night with "the girls." I told my husband that I would be home by midnight, "I promise!"

Well, the hours passed and the margaritas went down way too easy.

Around 3 a.m., a bit loaded, I headed for home. Just as I got in the door, the cuckoo clock in the hall started up and cuckooed 3 times. Quickly, realizing my husband would probably wake up, I cuckooed another 9 times. I was really proud of myself for coming up with such a quick-witted solution, in order to escape a possible conflict with him. (Even when totally smashed...3 cuckoos plus 9 cuckoos totals 12 cuckoos = MIDNITE!)

The next morning my husband asked me what time I got in, and I told him "Midnight". He didn't seem pissed off at all. Whew! Got away with that one!

Then he said, "We need a new cuckoo clock."
    When I asked him why? He said,

"Well, last night our clock cuckooed three times, then said, "Oh shit", cuckooed 4 more times, cleared its throat, cuckooed another 3 times, giggled, cuckooed twice more, and then tripped over the coffee table and farted."

2. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Now that is a husband with a sense of humor!!! Or knows he has a get out of jail free card now!

3. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

:lol: :lol:

4. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine The Plumber Founding Member

5. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

:D

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7