Why I won't debate gun control.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thunder5Ranch, Oct 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

Chicago is a gun free zone, and has some of the most stringent gun control laws in the US - How is that working out for them?

2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Well, luckily for me, I don't own any of those dreaded weapons , since that terrible boating accident on that fateful night.

3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

After this exchange I call the debate settled:
    upload_2017-10-4_20-3-24.

4. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

If that individual really feels that way about private ownership of firearms, they're living in the wrong country. They should move to England or some other place that they feel is "safe".

5. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Never argue with a pig.... It makes you look stupid and annoys the pig....

6. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@M118LR "...I believe that this will eventually get to magazine size...and gas operated Semi-automatic..."

You are correct. It is almost impossible for them to change the 2nd Amendment and totally impossible to do it when they have neither the Presidency, Senate or House so that won't happen, at least not now. But, what they do and continue to do is nibble away and ban certain items yet leaving intact the 2nd Amendment. So, I believe they will push for a ban on Semi-Auto firearms stating they are compromising with full intent to support the 2nd since gun owners would still be able to have bolt-action and revolvers and will follow up with "Who really needs 30 round magazines besides LEOs and military?" So, yes, I believe you are correct. I truly doubt they can push it through now (unless the Right totally sells out, highly possible) but I feel certain this is their plan the next time they have power which, more than likely, will be the next election...unless the idiots we have now get their finger out and get something done because so far I haven't seen any piece of major legislation even agreed upon never mind passed, very disappointing and hopefully a lesson to all of us that even the so called right/conservative/republicans are nothing more than puppets. Good gosh, they have all 3 halls of the Legislative branch and they still can't get a damn thing done!

Dont, Motomom34, Seepalaces and 5 others like this.
  7. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

I am not going to be surprised in the least if we find that the Vegas shooter is a liberal making a point that it can happen so we must get rid of guns that can be so used.

8. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Bleh they seem to be focused on bump stocks and firing and all shocked like it is something new.

Seepalaces likes this.
  9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

At a fed level, i dont see much happening, its the Several States that worries me, especially the wet coast! No where are there more liberals then there! I expect to see capasity bans, bullet buttons, and other nonsence! Funny thing is, i dont care much for the black rifle situation ( nether for or against) its just a tool, the real threat coms from an outright ban of all arms amd ammo! We came close with the attempted ban on m855 ammo, and it will only get worse once they get something started! Im far more capable and deadly with a deer rifle and a reason, but once they go to a full ban, thats it, game over, ether fight or submit!!!

10. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I'd rather they push that gun ban, ammo ban, magazine ban boulder up hill rather than down hill....

Thunder5Ranch, Seepalaces and Ura-Ki like this.
  11. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

I see that the NRA has sold us out again and is caving on bump fire stocks. I don't care a whit about them, but let the left get one thing banned, then they go for more and more - death by a thousand cuts.

12. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Bandit99, Oltymer, Motomom34 and 4 others like this.
  13. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

14. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Y'know, reading the posts in this thread makes be proud to be a monkey.

Seepalaces and Tully Mars like this.
  15. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

How does one renounce a life membership with the NRA? Todays NRA isnt the firearms group it was when I was a kid and my Grand Dad gifted me a life membership,, and i believe he would be very upset at the way management has corrupted what was at one time the greatest firearms activist group in this country! Not to poke any one in the eye here, but i have been pizzed off at the NRA ever sence Wane LaPiere took the helm, and now they are taking the road to pacification instead of jumping down the throats of the antis like Nancy Pelosi!

16. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I have felt that same thing from the get go.....just seemed so staged. He had everything on their wannabee ban list..... he gives them a platform to ban all sorts of firearm related items. Without the need to prove mental deficiency.... which he has for sure.

17. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Just a reminder... there are other gun rights organizations out there...

GOA n 2nd Amendment foundation (SAF) were the ones that started the legal suites to make the anti's back off...

that the NRA jumped on kinda late... I put my limited funds to where they will get the best results now...

NO longer a paying member of the NRA... got fed up long time back...

and their CCW insurance plan doesn't match what is offered by USCCA IMHO...

18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I have an idea for a great compromise.
    Ban bump stocks because they are gay anyway and allow registration of new full auto weapons to the NFA branch of the ATF and pass the hearing protection act.
    I could live with that.

19. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

I have used a slide fire and also bump fired with out accessories. It ain't that hard to do. The stocks they are trying to do away with only adds a bit more accuracy to an AR(my rifle) in spray and pray. All this talk they spew will only make others explore the technique.

20. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Yeah that has kind of been my thought on bump stocks you can waste a whole lot ammo fast, with a bit better control and accuracy than other bump techniques. In the Vegas situation I keep hearing how the stock and other legal mods made him so much more accurate. Accuracy??? The guy was firing onto a pretty much open field with thousands of people on it. As long as he could point the weapon in the general area he was going to hit something.

On the other hand there is a whole lot to this situation and the stories be presented by most media outlets that just don't add up or make sense.

1. fl4848
  2. BTPost
  3. BTPost
  4. Dunerunner
  5. OldDude49
  6. oldman11
  7. Ura-Ki
  8. OldDude49
  9. OldDude49
  10. Motomom34
  11. Dunerunner
  12. T. Riley