Why I won't debate gun control.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thunder5Ranch, Oct 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

NRA is playing politics and compromising in issues they were promised to protect . goofis There should be NO compromise period.

2. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Agree there should be no negotiation or compromise with terrorist domestic or foreign. They have nothing we want and everything they want.

3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I think you are correct - no - you are correct! For, I never heard of them before this and immediately got online and figured out how they work but frankly I don't have a need to shoot full auto. For what? So, I wouldn't even consider one but there are those that would do it for a lark, a bit of fun so why not if you can afford the ammo, abuse on the rifle, and the cost of one in time and money...
    The thing here is outlawing something as simple to make as this will not stop the bad guy from making one...waste of time and 'annoys the pig' type of thing.

@arleigh "There should be NO compromise period."
    It is unfortunate but you are correct. Personally, I could give a damn if these things are outlawed because I would never have a use for them anyway but what I have seen is that you cannot compromise with these zealots and if you gave this up it wouldn't be enough and they would take that as a show of weakness and demand for more and more and more, probably high-capacity magazines in this case...better to say no right at the beginning even if, like in my case, I really don't give a damn about the things.

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

As far as I am concerned, put them on the NFA List, as a Regulated Item, and drop the Suppressors from the NFA, in the same Legislation.... Now that is Common Sense Lawmaking... Ban FullAuto weapons from ALL Civilian Law Enforcement while your in there, INCLUDING ALL Federal Government Agencies.... They have NO NEED, for them that can be demonstrated, in ANY Logical Thinking... You want FullAuto, meet the NFA Requirements, fork over a TON of Money, just like everyone else who has done it...

5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Don't debate matters of life and death with people who celebrate the killing of unborn babies.

6. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Take your card enclosed in a hand written letter to Wayneo explaining exactly why you no longer wish to be a member of an organization that takes your money without representing your views and fails to keep their promises.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I was thinkin it would be better to send something so the senior membership and board membership gets to see it! Maybe send my grand dads card too! Eff Um!

8. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Good idea, I didn't think of that.

Seepalaces and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

The reason we have a second amendment is to resist a goverment that becomes overly oppressive to the people. The first shots of the revolution was in an attempt to stop the army of an oppresive goverment from taking away the firearms of the people. The second is all about control of the goverment.

Edit:: I watched this interview shortly after posting this reply, have a look..

Gorka: Let's use Las Vegas to come together as a nation

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  10. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Yeah...yeah, that makes sense! This is something even as a gun owner makes sense to me and I would support it.
    I would like to nominate BTPost as new Director of the ATF!!!

PS. Of course, the lefties will never allow suppressors to become legal and continue to call them 'silencers' just to muddy the waters no matter what the facts as Hillary and others just proved recently.

11. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Anti gunners are basically saying how many mass shooting events we've had recently are unacceptable, and that we are leading the world in firearm deaths per capita.

Ask them why they don't consider being killed by the state to be a mass shooting event ...
    Like say the millions of Cambodians offed by the Khmer Rouge in the 70's.
    The couple of hundred thousand Kurds in the 80's.
    The million or so in Rwanda in the 90s,
    How about the hundreds of thousands in Sudan from the mid-2000's that are still dying today?

Let alone the Millions upon millions that were killed in the Ukranian Holodormor and the Holocaust.

What would have happened if the victims were armed .. do you think the numbers would have been as high?

Yep the US shooting deaths are tragic but they aren't even close to a mass casualty event .. It's a rounding error compared to Genocide / Democide. But I still don't want to be a rounding error.

Tully Mars and Yard Dart like this.
  12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I don' know if there would have been any fewer deaths of the opressed, but they sure as hell would have taken a lot more of their oppressors with them.

13. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Oh I betcha there would have been way fewer deaths. Typically the oppressors are way out numbered by the oppressed. Once the members of the top echelon start suffering losses to them and their families and it appears that the resistance isn't going to end anytime soon .. It's kind of like Bugs Life .. If the ants knew they outnumbered the grasshoppers and they were packing a pistol .. the movie wouldn't have lasted nearly as long.

14. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I am becoming more and more suspicious of anything that is broadcast. The current fixation on GUN crimes is one of the things that drives me nuts. I have played the law game for 35 years as an LEO and my time is coming to an end. This new GUN CRIME thing is another way of focusing on something to make it an issue where one does not exists. I have arrested a lot of people in my life but I never arrested a gun, a car, an animal, they cant commit crimes only people can.

The real issue is violent crime committed by people but that does not fit a political perspective. To me this is funny as I watch the talking heads talk about the wonder of California letting all the non violent violent criminals out of jail early, and then the crime rate goes up. They dont blame the perpetrators for the crime just the object they use, and then they wonder why people of a self reliant mind set say hey this does not make sense.

Tully Mars, Yard Dart and oldawg like this.
  15. fmhuff

fmhuff Monkey+++

Thunder5Ranch, at first I thought you were just "Troll"(ing) the forum. But now I see that you are indeed joining the discussion and thus joining in on the debate. What was your purpose in all this anyway

1. fl4848
  2. BTPost
  3. BTPost
  4. Dunerunner
  5. OldDude49
  6. oldman11
  7. Ura-Ki
  8. OldDude49
  9. OldDude49
  10. Motomom34
  11. Dunerunner
  12. T. Riley