Why is it so hard to meet a companion that preps too

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by Tink44, Aug 23, 2016.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

You won't find our kind of Man in a Bar, or a Disco... You might find one, at a Church, near a .MIL Base though.... If I was looking for a young Hard Rock Dude, I would be looking in a church, down San Diego way, or over at Virginia Beach, VA... and be looking where the UDT Training Bases are.... Lots of young Kids, are going to be graduating there, and a church going single one, would be a Prime Catch... maybe.... I know an Old Salty SEAL, NOW, that got caught, in just that sort of way.... He used to be on here, before the Boss made them ALL drop their Social Media Internet connections.... if they wanted to stay active... Just thinking out loud.... but you have to be prepared to live alone, during deployments, for ten years or so... as they didn't go thru all that Grief, just to drop out, for the first Fancy Skirt, to come along....

Seepalaces, Dont and Yard Dart like this.
  2. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Sometimes I think about adopting polygamy so I can make my apparently rare appreciation of "nutty", smart, independent and capable blondes, brunettes and redheads available to all! Then my wife, seeing the faraway gleam in my eye, says "don't even think about it, pal".

3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I think it has to do with one's location also. You obviously don't find too many preppers in the big cities. Around here, it's as common as dirt. Another thought could be how you explain your 'desire to be prepared.' The word 'Prepper' has taken on a meaning of survivalist/separatist/gun fanatic/supremacist/etc even though it has started to change as more and more people are hit in the face by the plain fact that the government cannot and will not take care of you so if you want to live and you want your family to live then you need to show some prudence and prepare. No one around here calls themselves a prepper but a large majority are prepared for Hell or high water...that includes the single males and females also.

Mountainman and Seepalaces like this.
  4. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

BT say's Church , IM not Anti Church , Im still allowed in (never Sundays , other days marriage or baby drowning BUT !, I see more real good hearts at the sally ann , and once there I can help as I feel I can .
    I have met many helpers of sally ann . roots folks who do not expect a return as I see in church folks .
    Just my view.
    Tick this all depends where you live , Im rural, farmer 4H area with 40 churches

5. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Check out your local Volunteer fire Department....

Ganado, Seepalaces and Motomom34 like this.
  6. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

It's funny me and my wife are totally opposites.

Seepalaces likes this.
  7. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Iffin' she's looking for a like minded feller, I'd suggest a dab of Hoppe's #9 behind each ear.

Honestly, the best way to find a partner of either sex is by doing the things you like to do. Eventually you will blip on the radar of the right one. It helps to avoid challenges - we all have friends who are a bit miserable because they can no longer do many of the things they liked to do before they got ina relationship.

8. Olympic mountain man

Olympic mountain man just a lonely cook

So very right I looked hard and failed I stopped looking and found my best friend

9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

The Wife and I have a running saying, I was looking for her the whole time and she found me! Sort of like Thumper in Bambi, out a da blue, wham, runs smack into me and love at first sight! Hoppe's #9 really does work! LOL

10. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

I didn't know we were married, LOL. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Yard Dart and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  11. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Had a young friend that just got married and start his dream job this summer. He found his prepper mate and if your patient and take your time to find out if they are as dedicated as you are, you will have the partner that will complement you.. Take your time!

Yard Dart likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7