Why liberals don't get it --

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ghrit, Oct 17, 2010.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Peter Berkowitz: Why Liberals Don't Get the Tea Party Movement - WSJ.com

By PETER BERKOWITZ

"Highly educated people say the darndest things, these days particularly about the tea party movement. Vast numbers of other highly educated people read and hear these dubious pronouncements, smile knowingly, and nod their heads in agreement. University educations and advanced degrees notwithstanding, they lack a basic understanding of the contours of American constitutional government."

(Emphasis mine.)

2. cornmonkey

cornmonkey Monkey+

They also lack common sense, cause they ain't one iota of it in DC. That's a fact i reckon.

3. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I think ( therefore I get myself in trouble!), that those that don't seem to understand what the tea party is really all about, is afraid of losing their cushy jobs with the guberment! Smaller government = fewer jobs for those that want to "rule" over the rest of us! Must be an "elitist" thing!

4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

The Liberal Elitists get all hung up, and get their frilly panties in a bunch, over the word "Party". They cannot understand the Tea Party is NOT a political party - it is a totally bi-partisan MOVEMENT simply desiring the US Government to honor it's vows and do it's job....... :rolleyes:

5. hedger

hedger Monkey+

Some Are Ignorant--The Rest Feign Ignorance

The premise of ignorance on the part of liberals is mostly correct. However, there are some who truly do know the same facts but they pretend that they do not or that they cannot possibly imagine such facts to possibly exist.

The truly ignorant can be cured by education. As for the rest, they are beneath contempt.

6. Nadja

Nadja RIP 3-11-2013 Forum Leader

The loonie left lives in a world of green fields, wearing their flowing white robes and clenching a daisy in their teeth

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7