Why no Survival shows?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GrandpaDave, Feb 15, 2012.

1. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

Just curious mind ya... but lately I've been posting threads from the Shot Show that took place back in Jan. in LV. to us shooters it's our version of the Detroit Auto show...

anyway that got me to thinking... why now industry survival shows????
    Lots of folks would love to visit and write about the latest gear and gadgets.
    who knows I might even try writing another book??? surely I would write up something on the exhibits at the least... but alas no survival shows to attend... so sad.. maybe we should put one together???

2. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

I was under the impression that SHOT Show complemented the weapons related products with some outdoor/survival gear vendors. Isn't that where the SARlink made it's debut a couple years ago?

3. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

In a way your right... but... I was talking about survival specific gear... the shot show is for weapons and acc... anything else is in the also ran category

4. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Sportsman's shows usually cover survival.

The one that's fairly close to us is "...one of the largest outdoor shows of its kind in the US and brings together information, experts, gear and amazing demonstrations all in one location. It covers all kinds of outdoor activities like hunting, fishing, horse riding, camping and much more. The exhibition also includes a richt programme with for example outdoor survival and camp cooking seminars."

It's huge! Too many people.

5. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

two words ... Black Helecopters....;)

Redneck Rebel likes this.
  6. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

7. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

The WAC gun shows here in Washington have been trending toward more survival stuff. The last one I went to had Gamma lids, emergency food buckets medical supplies ect.

In many ways the melding of the two types of shows would make sense.

8. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I'm holding out for the next new wave of outdoor programming - the Zombie Shows! Only Zombie-specific gear and supplies! ;)

9. snowbyrd

snowbyrd Latet anguis in herba

SW1090 We know you never attend one in the daylight. Zombies are more effective in the dark. Not all the 'NEW' zombie stuff, reference 'NIGHT OF THE LIVEING DEAD".

I got me torches ready 'fo Yo.......

10. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Well, any show promoter looks at trends and probable customer numbers. Likely just not enough perceived interest in a 'survival/prepping show' yet. Especially the way the MSM demonizes it.......

But give it time. If a buck can be made, they'll do it.

11. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

12. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

You know you spend too much time on YT when you can recall the voice of each speaker listed.

Falcon15 likes this.
  13. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Theres the Dallas Self-Reliance expo

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7