Why now? The muslim refugee issue

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by CATO, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

If we open the flood gates a we bit more, they might surpass our own birthrates..... :eek:
    Data for United States in 2013 = Number of births: 3,932,181
    NVSS - Birth Data

Tully Mars, Dont and Ganado like this.
  2. duane

duane Monkey+++

Rawles blog refers to an article in the preppers journal on the refugees arriving in Eourpe validating the Golden Hoard theory. What is the difference between millions of sheeple leaving Africa and the middle east and demanding that they be fed, clothed, housed, and lead the good life and the same sheeple in the US after a crisis. The groups rioting in Ferguson and other places in the US appear to be the sheeple cousins of the ones arriving in Germany and having many of the same demands. We also have a mass tv thing going on at the moment on the rights of the poor and our religious duty to share and take care of them. Some how I have problems with their duty to spend my money and lower my standard of living even lower in order to help someone 10,000 miles away. It would at least soften the blow if they lived in a rebuilt trailer and depended on savings and social security as I do and not in the Vatican and the White House with the perks that goes with their jobs.

Another point brought up in the article is that the social changes will not end with the arrival and settling of the refugees. They have a much higher birth rate and of course will want to and have the "right" to bring in their children, wives, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, grand parents and under our system their religious teachers. That is nothing new as is what our fore fathers did . Nothing in the system requires that any of these people have a use full trade or be able to support themselves. In New Hampshire the existing resettled refugees have required a high level of medical care due to preexisting medical problems and many problems with housing and education of their children.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    Ganado likes this.
  3. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

What gets me is many of the people doing the thanking were the same ones spitting on soldiers in the 60's & 70's.
    I find the whole "Thank a veteran" thing disingenuous to say the least.maddd
    I even took the Veteran's plate off my truck because I can't stand it when strangers come up to me & say "Thanks for your service" just so they could feel good. Wanna feel good ? Enlist and pick up a rifle.

Speaking of rifles;
    As for the "refugees" I say take every man of military age, give him a rifle, a parachute and a free plane ride home.
    Also; build a fence. A big high one topped with a coupla coils of razor wire then dig a moat and fill it with sharks.[shoked]

Geez and I was in such a good mood. foosed

chelloveck, john316 and ghrit like this.
  4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I say "Thank you for your service", to every serviceman or woman I see flying their colors.when I can, I'll buy their lunch. If this pisses you off, too bad, I'll keep doing it anyways. Feel free to spit on them in return, if it makes you feel.better.

oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. NotSoSneaky

@kellory Do what ever makes you feel good dude, it ain't gonna bother me..
    I ain't the kinda guy to spit on anybody.
    Just treat me with benign neglect.[coo]

chelloveck and kellory like this.
  6. kellory

Perhaps you could wear a sign, either along side your colors or in place of them, so those of us that make a point of showing our respect, could possibly know which ones appreciate the gesture, and those who chose to be left alone? You wear the hats, and jackets, and license plates, for a reason I assume. You want it known that you served, so how do we mere mortals know which are which? Perhaps add a Bennie propeller to the top, to tell people to stear clear? Maybe a small pennant flag on the back with the words "buzz off"? Any suggestions?

7. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

@kellory - careful, ask for suggestions and you might end up with a few.

I never served but my family has. I appreciate it. I admit I didn't have the discipline then that I needed to not end up bounced out and/or in the stockade. When I say thank you, I make sure to make eye contact and tell them briefly why I appreciate their service. I get a lot of "you don't have to do that" when I pick up a lunch and my response is "And you don't have to either, but you do, and it's appreciated."

I've welcomed home a number of Vietnam Vets (I'm only 43 so I wasn't a spitter) and I think vets can tell when you are saying it to make yourself feel better and when you are saying it because it's honest and from the heart. Generally, the welcome home to the Vietnam Vets is received with a glisten in their eye and a very firm handshake and a sincere thank you.

I don't run around thanking every vet or serviceman I see because the last thing I want to do is interrupt them to say thank you and come across as self serving.

Not bragging, not looking for an attaboy, just saying that my experience has been the exact opposite but I think that's because it's sincere and not to make myself feel better.

***BTW, the majority of the meals are paid for anonymously and I'm gone before they can track me down. Not because I'm hiding but because that's the point of anonymous. I'm not doing it for me.***

chelloveck and Yard Dart like this.
  8. kellory

Neither do I. I have never met (until today)someone who did not appropriate a civilian thanking them. Some get embarrassed, but none has ever said to just leave me alone. If I buy a meal, it is done without their notice, just put that meal on my tab, or hand the cashier cash and tell 'em put.it toward the servicemen back there in line. It ain't about me, and never was.
    But if someone does find it annoying to be appreciated, then perhaps they could let us know before we waste our time and money? Every meal I buy for someone else, is one I gave up to do it.

9. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Yes I do, I do so because I am proud I served, nothing more, nothing less.

chelloveck and kellory like this.
  10. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I have never have had a Veteran's plate on my truck, as I saw just that kind of stuff happening to friends that did have one. My truck now does not have one sticker, mostly due to grey man rules, but my previous one had Airborne and Air Assault wings on it. I got really tired of trying to explain it...if you have never served....you will never really understand the sacrifices that all members endure, time deployed, and family stress that tears many apart.

Now days, I see a service member in a restaurant or bar, I try and pick the tab up or buy them a beer. And then I move on.......they don't need my questions or me going nostalgic.... just my silent appreciation for living the life of service to our great nation.

I walked into a bar many years ago in Tel Aviv and my corporal and I were questioned by a couple old guys within minutes of sitting down....What nationality, were we mil, what branch of service... once we gave our "simple" answers, we got a nod from both and they walked away. The beer lined up, the dinner was delicious, some wild women joined us..... and when we went to pay our tab, we were told that the two guys and their friends had paid our tab....they were not there to say thank you. I tell you that it felt nice to be appreciated... and to this day, I try to carry on that tradition of what some old guys did for a much younger me.

Absolutely agree with that plan..... GTFO of my home and fix your own country..... !!!!!!!!

oldawg and kellory like this.
  11. NotSoSneaky

Actually, no I don't wear anything to identify myself as a vet. I got rid of the Veteran's license plate once this
    "thanking" fad got started. I don't march with the VFW or American Legion in parades, no POW flag at my house just a Gasden or Stars & Stripes. I do not advertise in any way, shape or form.
    You "Assume" much. (Ever hear why one should not "Ass"U"Me" ? In this case, its mostly "U") [tongue]

You have no idea who I am, what I have done or seen or the awards I have earned. I have medical issues which have been traced back to when & where I was stationed but as I am able bodied I will not go sit in the VA medical facility next to men & women with missing limbs. They need help much more than I do, besides I've remember how the VA "helped" my father (WWII & Korea) and I am willing to pay for much better care than the .gov will provide.

The only time I have outed myself as a vet was for the measly tax abatement my state provides.

The attitude you express is exactly why I don't want people coming up to me.
    Please, get over yourself.
    I'm done here.[seeno][hearno][sayno]

Yard Dart and chelloveck like this.
  12. kellory

I had 6 cousins in Desert Storm, and I tried to inlist myself after 9-11 (much to the consternation of my wife.) I was turned away as too old. We have helped with fund drives, bake sales, and dogs on deployment to try to do what a civilian can do to help and support the military. And you telling me it has all been a waste. I hate waste. Not just a waste but an insult to vets. "Don't you hate that, make me want to get rid of my vet plate". (Spit)
    The only assumption I'm making, is if you are flying your colors, you want it known you are military. (Since you have gone greyman, it doesn't apply to you at all, does it?)
    Returning vets got spit on in the past, and it was clearly wrong, so how is spitting (figuratively) on civilians any different?
    " you don't know me, or what medals, I have, or what I've done" (no kidding, this place is all about OPSEC. so holding that out as a weapon, or an excuse is pretty useless.
    I try to treat veterans with the courtesy, and respect they have earned, I check in on my old neighbors who I know are military, to cut their grass, shovel their snow, or help if they need help with something. So the idea of being spit on in print, for what efforts we civilians can do, has pissed me off.
    Feel free to continue, I'm done here.

13. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

To each their own....I must say, I don't go much for the "Thank You For Your Service" routine, and it is not a customary practice among Australians.

I thank those who served before me, with me, and after me, by showing my respects on ANZAC day (your equivalent to Veterans Day) and Armistice Day (November 11th), and when The Ode (The Ode - Australian Army and Last post are performed at military services; and I give a civilian salute (right hand on heart) and an eyes right (or left as the case may be) as I pass cenotaphs. Some people, (mostly tourists), look at me kind of funny when I perform this ritual, but it is for those who served who are no longer among us and it does not embarrass me one bit. I know what I am doing and why I am doing it. Nothing else matters.

I might recognise a serving or ex serving soldier by nodding respectfully to him, and saying "G'day digger". Nothing more need be said. The compliment is understood, and appreciated.

oldawg and Yard Dart like this.
  14. duane

duane Monkey+++

I am sorry if I stirred up a hornets nest with my comment on being thanked for my service. I very much appreciated the beers thanks and such, that the former members of the military for the most part, bought for me in the 1950's while I was in the Air Force. We were paid $77.10 a month for starting pay and even then that didn't buy much and it was nice to talk to them. I was not trying to say that I did not like being thanked for my service and that I don't think that we should not thank our present service members or the vets, I was trying to say that the expectation that you would be called up and that you WOULD serve your country seems to be gone. A few events like 9-11 or such may briefly bring it into the center of the stage but very few people today remember who Sgt York or Audy Murphy were and why we respected them. A man I knew died last year and was a vet of WWII and my brother in law's neighbor. We talked about snow mobiles, logging, teaching, tanks, guns, and a lot of other things. After I had known him for about 5 years I noticed that he and a retired General lead the Vet's day parade and asked if he had been an officer. He said "Yes, in the army in tanks". I didn't think too much of it until the General said "He also won the Medal of Honor!" . There was a man who did more or his country than the vast majority of will ever dream of doing and reguarded it as doing his duty to his country. Th.is the thought and spirit that I admire.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7