why "tap, rack, and bang" doesn't always work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CATO, Nov 27, 2012.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Excuse me officer, much like your hair clip, your "machine gun clip" only goes one way.

MarbleFalls.

tulianr likes this.
  2. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Ouch... someone needs to go through remedial training....

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Buck fever strikes. I saw a guy trying to chamber a pocket knife into his 30-06 deer rifle for a followup shot after 1 wounding hit and four misses. He's pushing up daisies now, but I'm sure the angels are NOT letting him forget it any more than we did.

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

At least she has her finger OFF the Trigger.... I suppose that that really wouldn't make a difference, in that the weapon is only Big Club, as pictured.... but still, it does show some semblance of training..... I wonder if she is taking a Massive Ribbing, in RollCall, ever since....

5. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

I guess IF she pulled back the charging handle and pushed the battery assist, the bolt probably went into battery as normal (sans cartridge) so she wouldn't have any indication that she has an unloaded weapon....the mag wasn't far enough up so there would be no obstruction or the bolt just slid over the first round. The alternative is that she didn't even attempt to load a round.

She's lucky she wasn't in a shootout.....what's that old saying about bringing an unloaded gun to a gun fight?

6. luv2ride

luv2ride Monkey++

That and a bad chicken wing...remedial training required!

oldawg likes this.
  7. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Standing up so straight and tall says it all..

8. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

I surprised it hasn't fallen out on the ground.

Cop I know jumps out of the car one night and draws his pistol....hits the mag release button and the mag falls out in the street. Guys he was holding on burst into laughter. True story.

9. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

She was trained to slap it home with force; as a result she has a press fit.

LOL

10. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

A good friend's mom is a juvi-cop. and while she has to qualify, and practice like anyone else, she rarely EVER needs to pull her weapon. She was in a grocery store when it was held up in broad day light. She could not get her gun out of the bottom of her crowded purse, so she hit the guy with her purse (with gun in the bottom like a blackjack) and dropped him like a bag of potatoes. I doubt she will ever live that one down.

UGRev likes this.
  11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Brought enough gun, anyway.

Gunny Highway likes this.
  12. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

That's what I was thinking....perfect form, yet, no applied knowledge. And, if it was me....I'd probably take about 3 steps to the left to put more of the car between me and the bad guy.

Do you think she got a bunch of these in her e-mails (although gender probably had nothing to do with it, that's what her co-workers are going to think).

Military See That Means Go Back To Kitchen : Random Funny Picture | Funny Pictures | Funny Pics | Crazy Pictures | Weird Pictures

13. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

AlaskaChick used to have to go down to Seattles First Ave area, for Union Meetings. When she went, she ALWAYS carried her Dan Wesson with the 2" barrel, fitted. It has always been her thought, that if she was ever confronted, she would wack the Miscreant, up the side of his head with her purse, that had her weapon inside, and if he was still wiggling, after that, then she would retrieve the weapon, and finish him off, with one well placed shot.

Gunny Highway likes this.
  14. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

We both shoot a lot. As she invested the time, she is quite proficient with rifle, pistol, and shotgun.

I'd be on the other end of the car where the engine is or if I had to stay put, then use the tires as a shield. Standing as she is matches her skills with the magazine quite well.
    Probably laugh?

15. Gunny Highway

Gunny Highway Hard Work and Sacrifice blessed by God's Grace

The old school training officer I had when I was a rookie told me to always carry a sap with me. He explained it came in 3 sizes 242 ( Calif PC for Battery ) , 245 ( Calif PC for Assault with a Deadly Weapon ) and 187 ( Murder ). The weights got bigger with the severity of the crime.

It made a great surprise weapon and yes...it did leave a mark LOL

16. Dogfood

Dogfood Monkey+++

Let her be, it's a lot safer for everyone loaded that way.

kellory and CATO like this.
  17. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Hey, leave her alone--she is drawing fire from the rest. Hope she lives through it.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7