Wild boars overrun Islamic State position, kill 3 militants

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DKR, Apr 26, 2017.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

I was raised in SoAz, loved to go camping and hiking in all manner of places - mountain and desert. The one animal that scard me spitless was and still is the Javelina. Also called Collared Peccary.

[​IMG]

Nasty SOBs for certain.

A Fountain Hills woman is recovering after she was attacked by a herd of javelinas while walking her dogs last weekend, and wildlife officials say neighbors who were illegally feeding the animals are partly to blame.

The woman had her two dogs on leashes the night of April 30 when the herd emerged from a nearby wash, crossed the road and charged them, according to an Arizona Game and Fish Department statement.

She fell to the ground and was mauled by two javelinas that tore at her neck and upper body with their teeth. A neighbor and the woman's husband arrived at about the same time to free her from the animals while the other four javelinas continued to chase her dogs, said Amy Burnett, a Game and Fish spokeswoman.

The woman underwent surgery and remained hospitalized Friday night, Burnett said. One of the dogs also needed surgery. The other was unharmed after a neighbor intercepted it.

"We are fortunate that the attack was not worse,” Burnett said. “Attacks by javelina on humans are rare, but when they happen, public safety is our main concern.”

Burnett said the woman is being treated for rabies, although it's not yet known if the javelinas were rabid. All six were "lethally removed," and their remains will be tested for rabies and other potentially transmittable diseases, she said.

Afraid of nothing....indeed.

Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

[​IMG]
    Them are some nasty pigs in Iraq

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Yup, those on the Left look pretty nasty.. The other one looks like bacon!

4. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

OK, I have read this at least three times, but I can not find the question you are asking. If you are asking if I have been run over by a pig, the answer is yes. If you are asking if that pig got turned into bacon as fast as I could ensure it, the answer is yes, he was delicious.

5. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

"A bitterly contested part of Iraq"...

But I thought that the "mission was accomplished"...

Nice nuts on that pig.

6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

A-10's out of mothballs - NOW!!!
    upload_2017-4-29_15-10-29.

oldawg, 3cyl, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7