will it start in michigan?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by beast, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Good for them! I am certain the other states will be watching closely. If they can begin weaning the leeches off the Government giveaways, maybe they'll be in better shape when the hammer truly falls - less people rioting due to being cut off suddenly.

Falcon15 likes this.
  3. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

Ken_C and Falcon15 like this.
  4. Nutpantz

Nutpantz Monkey+

That's right send all the unproductive people over the border.we don't need them here in mexico send them to.....eerr..no wait.. Don't want then here in detroit... errr...

Charity starts at home. Stop sending money over seas to feed the poor. Feed the ones at home.
    In your house, then your neighborhood, then your city. etc.

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  5. CaboWabo5150

CaboWabo5150 Hell's coming with me

I used to live South of Flint.. Ortonville to be exact.. Moved 3 hours North 10 years ago to get out while the getting was good... A range day, would be a bit of a drive.. Besides, it's range day almost everyday at my house up here.. lol...

6. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Born in Detroit - then Troy, then Orion then kazoo. Now that I live 3 time zones from y'all, I'd say it's a great place for it to start. ;)

7. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I'm in the heart of it. Detroit to the southeast, flint due north, Pontiac to the east.
    The big problem with why it wasn't enacted was that they inadequately advised those on the rolls that they were going to be cut off.

so now, i guess after a 2 week stay, here it comes.

It's gonna be like the near miss comet. Non issue.

This was just for cash assistance and if they had half a brain, they could still get it by looking at the 'deferment' situations and keep their 450 bucks coming. most will still qualify for rent, food, heating, medical and some transportation allowances. I'm just wondering how I git me some o dat.

Tis mostly 'feel good' legislation. 'Let us cleave them from the teat' when in reality, it sounds good in theory, in practice, meh.

Naughty Monkey keeping you advised from the front lines of the mitten.

8. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

The press makes this sound like such a heartless policy. The reality is that Michigan and Vermont are the only two states in the union without a time limit on welfare benefits.
    Add to this that Clinton "ended welfare as we know it" in 1996 by establishing a Federal 60-month limit. Michigan and other states chose to not enforce the Federal mandate.

Falcon15 likes this.
  9. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I guess it's as good as any other place to start.....
    However in all honesty, I would NOT want to be anywhere near the state when all he77 breaks loose!
    It could get UGLY.....FAST!

10. Ken_C

Ken_C Monkey

Well were all still here. the city hasnt burnt down. though I wish it would. not much there anymore that i have any use for. the city and county are corrupt. Those of us with jobs are still footing the bill for those who dont. saw a panhandler the other day begging for money. he was dressed better than i was. i bet the shoes he was wearing cost more than EVERYTHING i had on. i wonder if he was one of the first to get cut off. I dont give handouts to people dressed better than I am. people there have priorities all out of whack. its perfectly logical to spend $70k on an automobile with BOOMIN sound system and wheels and tires that cost just as much as the car theyre on, and live in a $7k house with the roof caving in. better to pay for beer and weed than to pay the water bill. if the water gets shut off they go to the hardware store and buy the tool to turn the water back on. if the power gets shut off they risk electrocution and burning the place down to hotwire the power back on.

I have friends with property north of us10. they say meth is a huge problem up there. lots of places up there are vacation spots and they leave valuables up there that get ripped off all the time. been looking north of the Big Mac for our spot. lots of land for sale up in da up eh. I like that the only way up there from detroit/flint/pontiac is a 4 lane bridge. wouldnt take much to shut it down if it became necessary.:D

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7