Will they support Obama?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clyde, May 9, 2012.

?
  1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    90.6%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

3. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

If Obama himself was a gay drug dealer that imbellezed triollions of dollars out of the white house and was locked up in prison in pakastan hed get the black vote

4. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Is the pope catholic?

5. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Folks , this forum is _____ , but has a poll on if the coloured / black / nicely tanned will vote because of their colour.

I would hope that any real born citizen in the country of there running for office , NEVER has to worry if their drapes match the curtains or anyone's approval .

The puppet who is elected , will say & do what they are told to do.
    That is why Mr R. Paul is been kept away, He will say/or speak of the piece of info/ truth !/? (puppet masters don't want him)

The dems got in by getting a faction of voters that normally don't vote , making it a colour item and having a Schadenfreude...

Pure freedom & democracy is a true voting system.
    USA has neither, & this is where it needs to start.

Just my view.
    My Country's are not perfect either , but we will not allow any electronic stuff. Paper & pencil only , then a pen to sign it as the X on top of the persons name.

Sloth

Canada & a state in England.

6. Clyde

Did you read the article that was written by a black man? He posed the question, I just reported it

7. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

ditch witch and Quigley_Sharps like this.
  8. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

I don't know if voting for or against someone because of their skin color is any more ignorant than the reasons that half the population vote for one candidate or another.

IMHO, voting a straight Republican ticket or a straight Democrat ticket is just as ignorant as voting for someone because of their skin color. You should vote for someone because of their positions, their qualifications, and their history in public service; not because of their party affiliation.

Too many Americans, by supporting one party exclusively, empower the stuffed shirt career politicians and political party hacks. If we the people are ever going to reclaim our country, we're going to have to quit falling for the smoke and mirrors employed by the political machinery that has taken over our country like a black mold infestation. We need to all become "independent" in our thinking and voting.

9. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Changed my party affiliation to Rep. about 15 yrs ago when I read the party platform. Was shocking to see what the demon craps really supported. I still occasionally vote for local democrats but tell them what they are a part of. Several have switched parties when it gets pointed out to them. Voting fo the man/woman is important--after all, that is who they are.

tacmotusn likes this.
  10. Gafarmboy

Gafarmboy Monkey+++

Maybe?

Here in my little piece of paradise, I have worked with and know more than one of the local padres, deacons, preachers, etc.. Simply because I work with at-risk-students and help with the Alt. School.
    Many of the local preachers, both black and white, preach against our current usurper from the pulpit. So based on these and other conversations that I have had, I don't think it is a given.

Gafarmboy

11. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

the black support for Obammy has never shrank more than a couple of percent points, no matter what he said or did ..... the unemployment rate averages 30% in the hood across the country ..... over 50% for young blacks ..... wonder if there is a complete brain among the bunch

Mountainman likes this.
  12. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

I know white people who voted for him because he was black. Eased their white guilt I guess.

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  13. dystopia

dystopia Monkey+

I guess you vote for what you know. If a ignorant polish catholic ever runs for president he'll get my vote.

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  14. Clyde

African-American Church Leaders Condemn Obama For Gay Marriage Support « CBS Baltimore

"In Maryland, some of the strongest opposition to the law has come from the black community– about 30 percent of the population. Some African-American religious leaders are preaching about it"

And, because principles are not enough to base your vote:

"Many African-American pastors say they will still support the president in November even though they may not agree with him on this particular issue."

15. dystopia

dystopia Monkey+

My understanding, just mine, is that religion should stay out of politics. Having said that i wonder who the black mormons will vote for.

ditch witch and Quigley_Sharps like this.
  16. Clyde

I understand the religion & politics thing.....but, good thing it isn't 1770 because it was through the churches that the message of the revolution, the concept of the lesser magistrate, and the people being moved to sever their ties to the King.

Why do you think thy have a law that says if the pulpits are used to speak for politics the IRS can void the tax exempt status? Because the pulpits can be powerful.

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  17. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Pulpits are Powerful, ONLY when the speaker is talking to Sheeple, who either Can't, or Don't want to, think for themselves, and would rather let Others do their Thinking for them. This has always been the case with Preachers... When Folks, allow ANYONE, to get between themselves, and their GOD, they open themselves up to such Exploits. If one does their OWN Thinking, then these Preacher Types, are nothing more than HOT Air Generators, out to push their Political Agenda, and to line their own Pockets. It has ALWAYS been my Policy, to listen to the sermons, and then decide if this Hot Air, or the Word of God. It is very easy to tell the difference, If there is Scripture Quoted, liberally thru ought, then just MAYBE it is "The Word", if NOT then it is HOT Air... To many Preachers think, that their Words, are "The Same as Scripture" but for a "Thinking Man" they are just HOT Air, and he decides for himself, in consultation with his GOD, Just what He believes. My Opinion..... YMMV....

dystopia likes this.
  18. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Does it matter if they will or not? IMNSHO, he is just another idiot in the drive-thru window.

Voting for Obama, let alone for his re-election would just go to show how messed up the general populace really is.

If he wins buy a large margin, I hope Michigan succeeds from the union or at least is annexed by Ontario.

19. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I know one and only one person who admits to voting for Obama. He told me after hearing Obama support homosexual marriage that he could not NOT, as a Christian, vote for him again.

One man doesn't make a trend, but I'm hopeful that this will spread from family to congregation, to community until the red and blue election night map has just a couple small blue blotches remaining.

HD

20. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

How to quash this...let's see...I know! Get support from the NAACP.

NAACP Endorses Gay Marriage - Board equates sexual orientation, race protection under constitution

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7