William R Forstchen - One Second After

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by GrandpaDave, Oct 17, 2011.

1. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

This is what I'm reading right now...William R Forstchen - One Second After...

It's a good book... I'm about half way threw and so far very realistic ...

here's one place you might find a copy;)

William R Forstchen - One Second After.pdf - 4shared.com - document sharing - download

Tom31 and jollyrodger13 like this.
  2. oth47

oth47 Monkey+

I've read this..twice. A plot hole here and there,but a good read,nonetheless.Made me think about things I hadn't thought to stock up on.

GrandpaDave likes this.
  3. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

I have the Audio book... bad Idea to listen to it while driving...
    I blew right passed my turn off when the got to the part about going back to get his father in law .... I was half way to Joplin MO before I snapped and turned back around

4. Gafarmboy

Gafarmboy Monkey+++

One of the few

One Second After is one of the few books that I have bought more than one so that I can pass around or give as gifts to those sitting on the fence. Atlas Shrugged and Patriots are the others. I must have read it a dozen times by now. One of my favorites. And it scares the hell out of me..

Gafarmboy

jollyrodger13 likes this.
  5. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King Site Supporter

Thanks for the PDF...I have the book on paper but not on my Kindle...now I can convert and load there...

6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Moderator Moderator Site Supporter++

Any Monkey's that haven't read One Second After should. It is a novel that help spur me into preparing for just in case. Just saw that the sequel will be out September.
    index.
    One Year After: A Novel: William R. Forstchen: 9780765376701: Amazon.com: Books

Yard Dart likes this.
  7. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey

Yep, a good read for sure. I read it a couple of years ago and I couldn't quit thinking about it for weeks. It had a heavy impact on me and pushed me to get more serious about my prepping.

Motomom34 likes this.
  8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Moderator Moderator Site Supporter++

I agree @BlueDuck. It truly made me realize that in one day/one second it could all change.

BlueDuck likes this.
  9. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+

The audio book version is on YouTube.
    Matt

10. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

William Forstchen Teaches at Black mountain at Montreat ... I met him once at a seminar in 2002-2003

11. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++ Site Supporter++

Very good read. I have given it as a gift to my fence straddling friends.

12. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Moderator Moderator Founding Member

Very good read, great audio book too. The sequel looks interesting, I'll get it when it comes out.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7