Winchester 22LR RECALL.......

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by BTPost, Jan 30, 2014.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Winchester 22LR Recall

Olin Corporation, through its Winchester Division, is recalling two (2) lots of M*22™ 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Black Copper Plated Round Nose rimfire ammunition.

Symbol Number: S22LRT
    Lot Numbers: GD42L and GD52L
    Winchester has determined the above lots of 22 Long Rifle rimfire ammunition may contain double powder charges. Ammunition with double powder charges may subject the shooter or bystanders to a risk of serious personal injury and/or death, or cause firearm damage, rendering the firearm inoperable.

DO NOT USE WINCHESTER® M*22™ 22 Long Rifle RIMFIRE AMMUNITION WITH LOT NUMBERS GD42L or GD52L. The ammunition Lot Number is imprinted (stamped without ink) on the left tuck flap of the 500-round carton as indicated here. The 1000-round intermediate carton does not have a Lot Number.

To determine if your ammunition is subject to this notice, review the Symbol Number and Lot Number. If it is Symbol Number S22LRT with a Lot Number containing GD42L or GD52L immediately discontinue use and contact Winchester toll-free at 866-423-5224 or visit http://www.winchester.com/Product-Service/Pages/Contact-Us.aspx for free UPS pick-up of the recalled ammunition.

This notice applies only to Symbol Number S22LRT with Lot Numbers GD42L and GD52L. Other Symbol Numbers or Lot Numbers are not subject to this recall.

If you have any questions concerning this 22 Long Rifle rimfire ammunition recall please call toll-free 866-423-5224, write to Winchester (600 Powder Mill Road, East Alton, IL 62024 Attn: S22LRT Recall), or contact Winchester Customer Support online.

Motomom34 likes this.
  2. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Thanks for the heads up BT.

Looks like DHS is going to be busy checking numbers on the 22 ammo they are hording because I have not seen Winchester 22's in the stores for months, lol.

VisuTrac likes this.
  3. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Or hopefully they won't check and just continue to use it.:eek:

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Winnie 22 is available, takes some looking. That said, I have a box bought about two months ago. Not on the recall.

5. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Not available in Mobile, Al or anywhere on the Gulf coast nor any other type .22 rim-fire. Three months ago, I bought three boxes at a Walmart in Houma and that is the last rim-fire I have found despite a diligent search at every store I enter, in over two years.
    Last night on the Outdoors channel, they featured air rifles, cross-bows, and laser weapons as an alternative to using ammo for practice. Notice there is no shortage of ammo for the weapon that Biden told us was all we needed?

6. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

CCI is the only .22 ammo I can readily locate and pick up out here. Have not seen any Winnie in quite some time....

7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

What I have noticed is the man killer loads, are the hardest to find. That and .22lr. I can buy all the shot shells I want for small game, but buck-n-ball, slugs, and even sabots are in short supply still. And the only local. 22's I can get are a Mexican brand I never heard of. Printed in Spanish as s well.
    Last decent sized box was the Mexican stuff, and it was 525 bullets for $50.:eek:

8. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

.22 LR is like hens teeth round here.
    It still comes in. But there are campers in the aisle waiting for it to hit the shelf. 3-5 cases go out in minutes. every week like clock work. I happened to wake up early one shipping morning. Got there 2.5 hrs before it was suppose to be stocked.

Yeah, I should have just set up one of their tents the night before. There were already over 30 peeps waiting in line for their 3 boxes of 333's.

But I can get shot gun fodder all day long.

9. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Got lucky, a few weeks ago, and caught Cabelas selling 1000-round boxes of this, online. Cost me ~$64 to have it shipped to my house (otherwise, a 2-hour each way drive to my "local" store). If you have one of those, open it up, and there's two 500-round boxes inside, like what's listed on this recall. You can check the flaps for the lot numbers.

Luckily for me, mine are good to go. :)

10. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Speaking of Cabelas, they just bought a big building near where I live and will be opening a "superstore" or whatever sometime this year.
    VERY excited about that (and the Gander Mtn. Firearms Supercenters that are less than an hour away...two of them).

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7