wire for your bob

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by marlas1too, Sep 6, 2012.

1. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

i always keep a roll if thin wire in my pack to tie stuff and to make traps so I'm asking do you also keep wire in your bob

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I keep wire, of various types and sizes, around for many useful reasons. Wire makes very GOOD Comms Antennas, and for securing things, as required. wire is also required to move electrons to where you need them. wire is very Useful..... .....

Yard Dart likes this.
  3. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[winkthumb]

BTPost likes this.
  4. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Yes Ma'am.

5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Monkey++

The world is held together with bailing wire and duct tape.

ozarkgoatman and Yard Dart like this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I have two spools of rebar tie wire, one in the shop, and one in the truck. Too heavy for walking out, for that, paracord gets the nod.

7. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I have plenty types of wire for various functions including comm and power as well as perimeter trip wires ECT. But as you say, in my Bob para cord rules the day due to light carry and a variety of uses.

8. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I keep snare wire, concrete rebar wire. As I use it to play with wire antennas; I buy paracord by the roll. :D

If you know how to use it some copperweld 14ga wire, two egg insulators, coax, balun, radio etc and you might learn what happened.

9. Jeff Brackett

Jeff Brackett Monkey+++

Believe it or not, I keep used guitar strings for snares. The brass eye in the end works better than any slip knot around, and they're light enough to pack in a BOB and ignore. For bugging out in a car, I have most of a 1/4 mile spool of 17 guage galvanized wire from an old dog "fence". It comes in handy for all kinds of things.

10. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

Are you kidding I have a farm, I 'd be lost without wire. LOL

OGM

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7