Wives Warming Up To CCW

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by hedger, Nov 8, 2012.

1. hedger

hedger Monkey+

My wife just informed me that one of her friends has decided to see if she can get a group of ladies together to take some shooting lessons and take steps to get their CCW.

A few years ago, my wife sort of tolerated my "gun-thing" mind-set and my CCW lifestyle. After sharing about how armed citizens are way better prepared to deal with thugs who seek some easy targets to injure/kill/rob, etc, she now says she feels better knowing that I am carrying when I am with her (basically, all the time, except for some restricted by law areas.).

I am pleased at this development and I intend to continue doing whatever I can to feed their momentum toward a worthy goal.

STANGF150 and ghrit like this.
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Good job of low key persuasion. Get them rounded up and to a proper training session not lead by you.

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yep, Never do Weapons Training for your own spouce... Very BAD Idea.... Encouage, praise, conjohl, BUT NEVER Train... Compete for best shot, you bet, but leave the Instruction to someone else, preferably, a Professional........ YMMV..... Violate this warning, at your personal peril..... You haved be warned....

4. hedger

hedger Monkey+

The shooting range is owned by a former SEAL; I think his associates are in the same distinguished category. The wives will likely be better instructed than we guys have been--up to now. Once they have established some momentum, I'm thinking it will be OK (in our wives eyes) for we husbands to enjoy that venue as well.

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The girls will put you to shame if you don't take the course with them (or in parallel.) Just do it.

oldawg, VisuTrac and BTPost like this.
  6. hedger

hedger Monkey+

My ego is tough enough to withstand a little ribbing from my wife. I'm thinking that she may somewhat treasure the ability to best me (at least temporarily) in something. If that's what it takes to "get the fire lit" properly, I am all for it.

Subsequent to her instruction time, I do anticipate going to some shared events together.

7. enough

enough Monkey++

I've found that the female shooters (as a whole group) that I know are typically better than the male shooters (as a whole group) that I know. Not because they practice more, but because they took the time to learn properly and aren't carrying over bad "grip it and rip it" habits. :)

8. hedger

hedger Monkey+

My wife surprised me the first time I took her out to shoot. She was pretty darn good and I thought she'd be worried about how to hold it, etc. She was absolutely thrilled that she did well right off--it provided a little welcome momentum for her budding interest in guns.

9. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I have been teaching local women to shoot for the last several years. ( for free) I am a range master of 30 years. Most dont bring preconceived ideas or ego and are easier to teach than men.

oldawg and BTPost like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7