" Wo' about eh pointed stick??"

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Tango3, May 6, 2009.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Goodgrief; a U.K. person was "carded"while trying to buy a teaspoon because" Some one was killed with a teaspoon once"?????? How freakin stupid is that??[gun]
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...d-for-proof-of-age-to-buy-Asda-teaspoons.html

[booze]

Shopper asked for proof of age to buy Asda teaspoons

A shopper was left baffled after she went to Asda to stock up on picnic equipment and was asked for proof of age to buy a set of teaspoons.

By Aislinn Simpson
    Last Updated: 3:40PM BST 05 May 2009

The shop assistant reportedly informed the customer that someone had once been murdered with a teaspoon, and therefore age identification was now required.
    That the woman had also bought plates and picnic ware at the Halifax branch in West Yorkshire did not appear to reassure the shop assistant as to her innocent intentions.

2. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Wow!
    Next it'll be plastic ware and those foam and paper plates!

3. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Maybe it was a "mix up wih bar codes"?
    Huh?
    Glad I don't live there, with having to buy spoons, forks, and all, I'd have to have a co-signer, and 5 local references too boot!
    Can you imagine trying to buy a butter knife for your scones?
    Man talk about society losing their "proverbial" senses!
    They have none anymore.
    (Man gets paper cut, and law now requires anyone buying any paper products to show ID and proof of age!)
    Film at 11!
    LOL

4. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

That dreaded tea cozy will be next I know it
    you could smother somebody with it in a hold up .

5. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

I like this guy:
    "If the Government are going to try to take away my constitutional rights this way(sic), I'm going to carry the biggest calibre teaspoon I can find," another commentator added. "I will give up my teaspoon when they prise it from my cold, dead body."

6. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

"Nanny State" to the Nth Degree. We saw it a couple years back when they began outlawing pointed kitchen knives because folks were occasionally hurting themselves or others.......

Now they are after assault spoons. Can our salad forks be next? [lolol]

They oughts dress all the Bobbies like Mary Poppins, and whack offenders over the head with their umbrellas.

Too bad the Monty Pythoners aren't still working - they'd have a lifetime of material from their weirdo Goobermint!

7. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

WOT?
    WOT DID 'EE DOO?
    Bought a salad fork wi' out 'is permits 'EE DID..
    Two weeks in the comfy chair; 'at'll show 'im !

8. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[LMAO] I just can't get MP's Self Defense Against Fresh Fruit out of my head.

...to defend oneself against a man armed with a banana, first, he has to be forced to drop the banana, then the banana has to be eaten, thus disarming him and rendering him helpless.

Ooh, ooh, ooh; want to learn how to defend yourself against pointed sticks, do we? Getting all high and mighty, eh? Fresh fruit not good enough for you, eh? Well let me tell you something lad! When you're walking home tonight and some great homicidal maniac comes after YOU with a bunch of loganberries, don't come cryin' to me!

9. QuietOne

QuietOne Monkey++

Orwelland (formerly Great Britain): It has been unreliably reported that the incidence of FMAs (Felonious Marshmallow Attacks) on innocent citizens has reached an unacceptable level, according to the the Director of Unacceptable Motivations Bureaucracy (D.U.M.B.). As such actions cannot be allowed to continue the sale and transportation of marshmallows will be subject to the following 650 page set of approved marshmallow use regulations. Please distribute to all law enforcement and relevant government agencies. [fnny]

I shouldn't laugh. It may happen...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7