Wolf De-listed finally!!

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by Quigley_Sharps, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

9th circuit decision is law
    Here is the correspondence just received from Mr. Lyon:

June 14, 2012

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We have won the northern Rocky Mountain wolf litigation. The deadline to try and appeal the Ninth Circuit’s decision in our favor to the U.S. Supreme Court expired on Tuesday June 12, 2012 at midnight. I have verified with the Clerk for the U.S. Supreme Court that the required paperwork for an appeal has not been filed, and so the Ninth Circuit’s decision is absolutely final.

For more than a decade, various groups have fought to delist the wolf in the northern Rocky Mountains without success. It took your efforts to finally see the task accomplished. As a result, the wolf populations are now being managed by state wildlife agencies, and you can begin the work of rebuilding the populations of elk, moose, mule deer, etc. that have been decimated by this ecological disaster.

None of this could have been done without the combined efforts of all of the groups who supported this effort. Once again, I am proud to say that I was your lawyer on this historic effort.

Sincerely,

Ted B. Lyon

BTPost likes this.
  2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Can they be hunted?

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

That will be up to each State Fish & Wildlife Agency to decide in each State involved, Melbo.... I can tell you that Idaho will allow hunting of Wolves, and I expect Montana will soon follow. Wyoming, I haven't heard. Washington is not yet been heard on the issue as they still haven't documented a viable population of wolves, yet.

4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Good news for my shooting buddies living in Idaho! They detest wolves. Need to beef up the 'coyote loads'.......

5. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

6. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7