Wood gasification

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by Disciple, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Nadja

Nadja RIP 3-11-2013 Forum Leader

sounds kinda dangerous to me. How do you collect the wood gas and then what Pour it into the gennie ?

2. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

The gas travels through a pipe that is attched to the engine carb system that comes out of the gasification system exhaust system ..

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It's a gas that has to be used as it's generated, more or less, not like a liquid that can be collected and stored. For a stationary installation (rather than a vehicle) there are ways to trap and store it, but they are not a easy thing for home sized setups.

4. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

Light a match. Hold it in front of your face. See the space between the match and the fire?

The space inbetween is "wood gasification". If it's cool enough it'll just smolder and make the gas. This gas is injected into your cylinder after being filtered.

Then the wheels on the bus go round and round.

5. Disciple

Disciple Monkey+

Falcon knows more about the process than I do but from what I understand if you try to store such a thing if one thing goes wrong everything goes terribly wrong and the explosion will leave a crater, and they will be picking up whats left of you with a Stick and a spoon. Yeah I asked the obvious question also So basically if you have a small cabin you would most likely use the gasification system to charge multiple batteries,when there is no sun or winter time when sunshine is non existent due to
    blowing snow and other extenuating circumstanses.

6. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

That is one of the reason i'm not really fond of the socalled older plans that is out there floating around on the internet because of the socalled safety value system that are not in place with some of the older model system that out right now beening show in the plans that people are passing around to each other and that why i went to the Victory Gasworks to talk to them about there off grid models and they will take you throw a walk through of how they work and the diff models or call them and take to them about the system that you might need for a off grid power system ..

7. Nadja

Nadja RIP 3-11-2013 Forum Leader

Somebody please provide some links to see how to set up a system like this.. I need to see it set up, working safely and running a gennie. Thanks ahead of time.

8. Disciple

Disciple Monkey+

victorygasifier.com

9. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

or try Youtube for there videos that they put out..

10. Disciple

Disciple Monkey+

Nadja theres even a vid of a guy who hooked a gasifier up to his old ford pickup. so yeah then theres Biomass Gasification and Pellet Mills who carries some bigger gasifiers than what victory builds......

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7