Wooden Shack Art Installation

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by chelloveck, Aug 8, 2016.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

A very livable looking piece of installation art....check out the slide show at the below referenced link, which shows internal views and external views from different perspectives. It even has a block and tackle gantry for slaughterin' 'n' hangin' the deer you've hunted, outta reach of the critters. ;)

upload_2016-8-8_14-45-5.
    Via: Ethan Hayes-Chute's Quirky Wooden Shacks are a Delightful Hodgepodge of Found Materials

Not sure how effective the chimney would be...given that it has so many bends and kinks, and is only just at roof height.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    GOG, Oltymer, tacmotusn and 1 other person like this.
  2. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

nice but mine is bigger
    /home/jen/Documents/Old Documents/Marlas/Pix/GEDC0025.JPG

3. chelloveck

the .jpg ldidn't quite make it to the page. You have me tantalised.

4. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

ok
    GEDC0025.JPG

GOG, Tully Mars, 3M-TA3 and 3 others like this.
  5. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

GEDC0026.JPG

Yard Dart, GOG, Tully Mars and 4 others like this.
  6. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

GEDC0027.JPG

Yard Dart, GOG, Tully Mars and 5 others like this.
  7. chelloveck

@marlas1too Nice....I'm in love with the wringer washing machine and the solid fuel cook stove....someday, when I get my small acreage in the country....

Tully Mars likes this.
  8. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

[applaud][applaud][applaud]double ditto what he said!!!

Tully Mars and chelloveck like this.
  9. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

I now have 6 wringers 4 were just gave to me

10. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

"I thus found that the student who wishes for a shelter can obtain one for a lifetime at an expense not greater than the rent which he now pays annually." - Walden, pg. 38, Henry David Thoreau

Kudos marlas1too, nice place!

All those Millennials now living at home with mom & dad pay close attention. Shelter is the primary living expense for most people, and if you build one like this you break the vicious cycle of paying a bank mortgage, owing your soul to the company store, and can break the shackles of being a wage-debt slave.

Life is short, learn to enjoy it.

11. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

we took pallets and stood 2 at a time and then cut apart others to make the outside walls 2 rooms 10x20 then insulted with insulation gave to us in all the drywall was dumper dove at job sites same with the wiring and other stuff the roof struts were given from a junk yard after they took all the siding off trailers so the only thing we bought were nails,screws and tin only 3 people put it up --son and brother did the most work and it sits behind the house and when the power goes out we c an cook out there--taking a pallet apart is easy just use a saw saw with nail cutting blades and cut between the boards then piece the pallets to make a solid wall --- love to make things people throw away

12. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

cabin. 13939557_1725849651014229_4684956921242601561_n.

Ganado, chelloveck and Yard Dart like this.
  13. chelloveck

upload_2016-8-9_15-39-34.

I do, except when that Old Tin Roof is leaking....:D

Ganado and Minuteman like this.
  14. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I lived in a tin roofed cabin for several years, I loved very much that had a tin roof .
    The cabin was built in the 1930s and the roof never ever leaked .
    Given a choice, I'd much rather live i that cabin and all it's faults , than the house I'm living in now.

chelloveck likes this.
  15. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

"Tin Roofs" are great for a lot of reasons... The one that I like most is They make Excelent RF Ground Planes for HF Vertcal Antennas... As a Comms Guy this is important to me. Our Cabin in Bush Alaska, has such a Roof, and I use it for that reason. It came with the cabin, when we moved in, back in '91, and was my original Antenna, that I put up the Day I arrived. Had Comms up and running by 2 Pm that day...

chelloveck and Ganado like this.
  16. chelloveck

I do like things that have multiple capabilities....water harvesting, communications enhancement, protection from the elements as well as repurposing when the roofing is replaced.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7