World grieves Britian's Elizabeth II

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hot diggity, Sep 8, 2022.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Meh...so says the enloopian keyboard warrior, safe and secure behind their computer screen...

[​IMG]

Stooges in America are quivering in their boots everywhere....

upload_2022-9-10_8-17-11.

Gator 45/70 and stg58 like this.
  2. chelloveck

As Monarchs go, QEII was probably one of the best of them in the modern era, she has been the head of State for most of my lifetime.

Now that Liz II is no longer the reigning Monarch, undoubtedly there will be a renewed push for a constitutional republic in Australia, and quite possibly in some other parts of the Commonwealth of Nations also. Australia held a referendum in 1999 on that very issue 1999 Australian republic referendum - Wikipedia, which resulted in the status quo being maintained with the Queen of Australia (Liz II) being retained as head of state. Given that two decades have passed since the last referendum, and that pro monarchist demographics have changed (old conservative fogeys have been dying off), I shouldn't be surprised if the Australian Republic issue resurfaces to be fought over again. The sticking point will be the type of republican structure, who will be the head of state (and what will be their powers (ceremonial or executive)), how the head of state will be chosen, (and whom by).

I favour a continuation of the Westminster system of government Westminster system - Wikipedia.

[​IMG]
    Civics Citizenship GOVERNMENT AND DEMOCRACY WHAT ARE THE
    which, despite some weaknesses, has served Australia reasonably well in the time since Federation. I do not favour the American form of republic, which places far too much power in the hands of the executive.

Gator 45/70 and stg58 like this.
  3. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

I like the queen...

[​IMG]

3M-TA3, Gator 45/70 and magicfingers like this.
  4. enloopious

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

6. chelloveck

7. enloopious

The Crown is one of the worst enemies the US has. They are worse than China because they have snuck their way into the "friend and ally" position. At least we know China hates us and we are on our guard. How did England manage to trick everyone into thinking they were a friendly government? They have not been since day 1.

8. enloopious

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Crazy Uncle Joe and Auntie Jill had to sit in the 14th row, behind the President of Poland! The first rows were for the Royal Family, next were the past Prime Ministers of Great Britian, then the other Royal Families of the world, then leaders of the Commonwealth Nations, and so on! Then comes the President and First Lady of Poland, and then Joe and Jill Biden! I guess that they were afraid that Joe might unleash another "gas attack" spoil the Queen's funeral and endanger the lives of Charles, William and George! So, they put him in the back where the only danger would be to the President of Poland!:ROFLMAO:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
    Gator 45/70 and enloopious like this.
  10. chelloveck

Well, Joe got an invitation, unlike that @$$wipe, .45.....apparently Donald was devastated. :ROFLMAO:

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

@chelloveck Looks familiar... I wonder how many US college grads would recognize it? I already know several US politicians that would be baffled by the concept thinking instead the President is our King
    [​IMG]

12. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Joey Skidmarks is lucky they allowed him in. Hope he didn't sniff any young girls.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

img-edc171fa.

14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Yes Biden in row 14, about 10 rows behind Megan mercile, who the royals hate.

15. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Neither was 44! Then, Obama was on the Queen's sh*t list at one time!

Seawolf1090 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. enloopious

[​IMG]

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

img-0f8a0974.

oldawg, enloopious and Gator 45/70 like this.
  18. enloopious

Ouch! Truth hurts!

Minuteman likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7