Would you have shot this guy? WARNING

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blackjack, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Below is a link to a short video (2 megs) of a very disturbed person, and a good reason, imho, to always carry. My question is, If you we're in the blue vehicle he attacks, would it be legal to confront him with a firearm? I think so, you're being attacked and you're stuck in traffic.

Somebody needs to go shoot the guy anyway, it's beyond me how trash like this is allowed to share decent peoples oxygen.

WARNING - VIDEO DOES HAVE PROFANITY!

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/holdinitdown.wmv

Mods, I think this is ok to post like this, but if not I sincerely apologize, move it or delete it to comply with standards.

2. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Probably a nut case, but all one has to do in Tennessee is be "in fear for your life".......and this would qualify IMHO.

I'd have cured his mental illness permanently.

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Yeah. We are in a "Shoot if you feel you need to" state.
    You know the saying...

Judged by 12 or carried by 6

4. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Wol,wol, surely you could have negotiated with the gentleman!!
    Probably get less harassment by running his butt over or pinning him .you probably wouldn't have a video like this to present to the jury.a simple protective measure the military teaches is`to ALWAYS leave yourself room to escape, never pull directly up on the car infront because a car will pull up behind you.You control the space in front always allow yourself as much room as you can.
    In a real liberal court it could be argued you had a means to escape.( in some states its even a "duty" to escape). I think I woulda' used the car as a weapon( I dont have a concealed carry permit.) a contact weapon like a bat or a tire iron does rate a defensive shooting though. I'd be in fear for my hide.
    The cops arrive And there's a dead (citizen) whacko, a tire iron and your beat up car...hopefully a bunch of witnesses hang around and not an angry raciallly oriented mob trying to drag you outta your pt cruiserby your shirt collar....

5. gillman7

gillman7 Monkey+++

In Oklahoma we have the Castle Law that simply states that you have the right to protect yourself in any legal place that you are, it is specifically aimed at feeling safe in your own car, (no carjacking!)

That being said, after the first hit with the hammer, I would have dropped him like a bad habit.

6. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Here in Indiana we also have the "Castle Doctrine". Dead Crackhead!

7. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

Here in CA they would have given him an award for helping move along the traffic jams. The owners of the blue car would have been sued for endangering his health and welfare by use of a vehicle in such close proximity to the gentleman. Also, they would have been sued for not giving him a home, crack, money, hoes and their car.

Though, I on the other hand think he looks too skinny. Maybe a nice meal of lead would alleviate that. That's what I recommend. :D

8. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

If it were me in the Blue car, He would be in hell where he belongs.:mad:

9. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

I can tell there ain't no tankers in this bunch. The proper response in this situation would have been to remove foot from brake and floor accelerator when he walked around the front of the car. Why use a 1/4 or 1/2 oz weapon when you have a 3000 pound weapon.

10. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Im on dial up and cant see vidios but from the basic description of it, blocked in by traffic with no place to go and he is outside the car, I would probably shoot him and take my chances with the courts (MO has a duty to attempt to escape if possible) and if he broke a window out thus giveing acess then the case would be better. Since he has a contact weapon traditional training such as for LEOs says that if he is comeing at you its a good shoot at 21 feet and newer training is extending that distance since a person with a knife charging you can still kill you if you start getting good hits on them as far away as 60 feet or more.

11. TailorMadeHell

No Ghost, nobody here but us 'Crunchies'. Haha. Good excuse to play Bumper Idiots to me. They tried to get away though why they kept backing up is beyond me. The car would take a hit, then back away from the guy, and soon as he would get to where they were and hit them again they would move a short distance again. Must have been some liberals in the car. Can't hurt anyone especially if they only damage property. This is a case of shoot first, ask questions never. Or like Ghost said, crunch him under car. Then back up and do it again.

12. fuzzy

fuzzy Monkey+++

i'm with ghostrider use your car.the moron was verbally assaulting them. plus the chance of him using his weapon on the passengers.major pucker factor there. i'd put him down if only to save myself.

13. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

:eek: Odviously, that poor victom of poverty and racial prejudice was within his rights to express his anger at the blue car and the people inside. He could use some help with anger management, though....Dr. Seacowboys recommends a properly applied double tap of 240 grain jhp to the center of mass followed closely by a third appication to the frontal lobe....lot to be said for proper medication.

14. TailorMadeHell

Good to see that the Doctor is in and we can get this guy the help he needs. :D

15. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I can't believe they didn't even attempt to run his ass over :rolleyes:

Would I have shot him, nope! Pinning him under the car until the authorities arrived would have been good enough for me, of course I might have released the brake a few times to assure he wouldn't get away. ;)

16. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

That was my first solution too, but then I thought if he survives with your vehicle parked on his head, his no good dependants would probably sue for hospital, court costs and "lost income"...but they had numerous opportunities to put him under the car, then get out and apply a remedial swift kick in the nuts....It could be argued pinning him with the vehicle could be exercising a less than lethal option...:eek:;)[violin]

17. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

The people in the blue car didn't do anything because it was set up and phony. A local Vegas reporter found the cracky and he admitted it was staged. I'd shoot him staged or not just on GP!

18. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

I think if it was just about any of us "Monkeys", that would have been one presentation gone horribly awry. They're very lucky they didn't get their boy shot.

19. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Especially here where any kind of loaded gun is OK in a vehicle!

20. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

+1 pinned under the rear bumper[beer](How much energy in a 3,000lb projectile x 5fps?)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7