Wounded Warrior Project - SM fundraiser

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by melbo, Apr 16, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Another bump for the Monkeys sitting on the fence.This is truly a great cause! Please try and donate something! I feel that with Memorial Day approaching,this would be away to honor those who served and those who sacrificed!

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

$1000 [cmfrt]

3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

[applaud] b:: Thanks everyone. Let's keep it going upward. Remember, we have a target!

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Sapper John likes this.
  5. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Creighton Bluejay

I know its only a little at a time but lets get higher up there everyone!

6. Sapper John

I talked with Melbo and tossed around some ideas on ways to raise money for the WWP.I originally thought we should try some inter-service rivalry to see which branch could raise the most money and maybe use a chart to show the progress.The more I thought about it,I realized that Being Memorial Day I would much rather make my donation in the name of a good friend of mine from Ft.Bragg.My donation to SM's WWP will be given in Honor of MSG Tim "Griz" Martin who was KIA during Operation Gothic Serpent in Somalia and in Honor of his wife Linda and his beautiful daughters.I ask other Monkeys to donate in honor of any friends or family members who served or were WIA or KIA while serving our country.Please realize that many of our wounded service members have come to depend on the volunteers who go the extra mile to best serve them.Any amount will be welcome and much appreciated, your donation is very important and is an Honorable and Noble cause.Remember they are the ones who guarantee our freedoms.All good things have a cost,some more than others.God bless and thank you to all who have served and given their last measure for us!

RightHand likes this.
  7. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

My donation to SM's WWP is in memory of friend,cousin,and brother in arms SGT.Roger Fellers who gave all 1/2/70 in Tay Ninh. A husband and father of two daughters, he is missed a great deal.

Sapper John and RightHand like this.
  8. ghrit

Bump for the newbs and all the others that have forgotten this is going on. Time's awastin' for the goal. We have over 1000 active members, that's 5 bux apiece to hit the target. You know what to do ---

[boozingbuddies]

oldawg and Sapper John like this.
  9. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Yep, it really is painless.Not even half a brick of .22.

Sapper John likes this.
  10. Sapper John

A bump for Flag Day...A good time to reflect on the service of our military members and our veterans.No time like the present to show your respect and generousity for those who serve.

Quigley_Sharps and ghrit like this.
  11. ghrit

El bumpo. The project is languishing. Breathe some life into it, please.

(y)

Sapper John and Guit_fishN like this.
  12. Sapper John

Bump...Let us see what we can do to keep this alive and thriving! Any suggestions out there in Monkey land? Please remember how important this is folks!

13. melbo

Maybe we can make this a push weekend?

Sapper John likes this.
  14. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

I've a suggestion.Took my brother into the VA hospital Thursday and connected all the volunteers there with this project. If you want to know how important Wounded Warriors is take a day and visit one and see for yourself.Most VFWs have a volunteer program and won't turn a helping hand down.This new generation of vets may need our help more than mine or any generation before us.If nothing else you will see how important it is to win by the voting booth because the next step ain't no picnic even for the bystanders.Whatever your reason just help out. 10 bucks isn't even a movie and popcorn. Won't hurt at all.

Sapper John likes this.
  15. melbo

With the technical difficulties we had over the past couple of weeks. We're going to extend this for another month.

bgner and Brokor like this.
  16. Sapper John

Why do I support the WWP? The cost of freedom can be seen at your local VA Hospital! Please monkeys,support the WWP!

bgner and oldawg like this.
  17. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Supported today.

Sapper John and oldawg like this.
  18. ghrit

Thank you.

19. bgner

bgner Monkey

Just saw this post made donation to this worthy cause this morning. God bless all our wounded warriors and their families!

20. Sapper John

Thank you Monkeys,we need more like you! Your donations are greatly welcomed and needed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7