1. The Topic of the Month for April 2017 is "Store what you use, use what you store." Please join the discussion on the Survival Topic of the Month forum.

WTS PLR-16 .223 pistol

Discussion in 'Firearms and Related' started by mage2, Oct 26, 2010.

1. mage2

mage2 Monkey+++

I am looking to part with my PLR-16, about 100 rounds through it with no failures. Comes with front rail system from kel-tek, single point sling, muzzle brake/comp, 2 extra 30rnd magazines and 60 live federal .223 rounds brass cased. Also going to throw in what 223 brass I have. I have not counted it but its once fired by me and collected, figure 80-100 not 100% on the amount of brass cause well I have not sorted and counted. I have the box the pistol came in also

I am asking $550 with all thrown in or make me an offer,
    Would prefer FTF somewhere near austin but ill travel a little to meet someone.
    I am pretty much tied up on the weekdays with work so would be available on weekends.
    Am interested in some trades and/or partial trades.
    Looking for a 22 pistol, stuff in .45 ACP , 7.62x39,30-06, decent wheel guns, or 12 gauge shotguns leaning tward home protection type, or other interesting things.
    Its a fun gun nothing wrong with it just not on my list.
    Well let me know if there are any questions or offers.
    Thanks for reading my rambling.

Kel-Tec PLR-16 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    mine has the sling and a bigger comp.

2. ISplatU

ISplatU Monkey+

I use to own one of these, they are fun hand cannons!

3. mage2

mage2 Monkey+++

indeed they are and more accurate than i expected. My first time using this I was hitting clay pidgins @ about 100 yards open sights.

4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Clays in the air with a pistol? Wow

5. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

NOT, clays on the ground.

6. mage2

mage2 Monkey+++

haha
    i wish i was that good and/or lived in a place where i would feel safe with a possible miss, but alas i am neither, this was the clays placed on a berm.

Anywho its been traded off, i gots me a m6 scout now 22 hornet and 410 with accessories.
    thanks for all the replys, as usual this forum rocks

7. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Reminds me of a true story. My brother and I and a couple of friends were out target shooting. We had several cases of clay pidgeons I had picked up at a garage sale. We were putting them on a sand embankment next to the river and shooting rifles and pistols.

I had read about this little trick in a gun magazine and decided to try it. I had one clip of .45 acp loaded with shotshells. While my brother was getting some more targets out of the box I switched clips in my 1911. I told him to throw a pidgeon up in the air and let me try to hit it. Him and the others all said that was impossible. I said let me try.

I managed to miss the first two by being cocking and snap shooting. After that I took a "ready" stance and had him throw it about 5' out in front of me. I broke the next 3 in a row. missed one then hit the last one.
    Needless to say my bro and friends were duly impressed!! I watched as they emptied the rest of the box trying to duplicate my "Impossible" shot.!!LOL.

I never did tell them what I had done. They are probably still telling the tale of this guy they saw who could shoot clay pidgeons out of the air with a 1911. LOL!!!

BTPost likes this.
  8. mage2

mage2 Monkey+++

MinuteMan nice story, every time i see those shotshells for 45 ACP i wonder how usefull they are.

9. Can you sell it out of state?

10. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Irrelevant now...it was gone in post #6.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7