Wyoming asserts its' sovereignty

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by UGRev, Mar 15, 2010.

1. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

State plan fines feds $2,000 over gun rules
    more at link

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Wow!

3. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

COOL, I wanna see them enforce it!!!

4. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

no kidding.. I'm supportive of this.. but the last time states rights were pushed into the face of the feds, well.. we all know how well that worked out.

5. fireplaceguy

fireplaceguy Monkey+

FIVE STATES NOW!!!

South Dakota joins the battle - signed into law yesterday! Again, the statute specifies fines and prison sentences for errant feds.

It's important to understand that underlying Tenth Amendment argument applies to everything, including health care. This is the exact argument states will use to get out from under that mess, too!

This is the legal battle of our time! Go out and teach people what this means. People are more receptive than ever, so get them on our side!

6. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

It's about time, that WE were heard and understood!
    But, this current administration seems determined to undermine the constitution and everything the Amercian way of life has stood for!
    I think it will get ugly before it gets back to where WE should be!

7. fortunateson

fortunateson I hate Illinois Nazis!

It may turn into to a secession movement which may result in another civil war.

I see it this way:

States like Wyoming continue to assert their independence.

People who are tired of paying for everyone's crap move to states like Wyoming.

The dependent class realizes that there's no-one left to pay their way and start imposing duties and tariffs.

Then the "Wyomings" rebel.

Then war.

Hope not though.

8. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I recall not so long ago that a LOT of people "migrated" out of California, heading into Nevada, Utah, Idaho, and Arizona...they KNEW what was coming and the smart ones "bailed" before the boat even started to list in the water!
    ( bad economy, taxes being raised and levied)
    I can see a lot more people in a few more areas/states, doing the same and the end result being that one or more state's being inundated with the heavy influx from others....It could easily get bad...quickly too!
    Recalling when the Berlin wall came down and the sudden influx of the eastern bloc people flooding into western Germany...
    It was a disaster for a few years. It made a hardship for the residents of one area, trying to absorb those flooding in from another....Jobs and services suffered dramatically!
    It could be a "re-play" of the "dust bowl" crisis when Kansas' and Oklahoma's people left to go to California! ( people will survive!)
    It could easily go that way, as people want to secure their rights and to do so and keep their 2nd amendment rights, MOVE from one state to others....Then, there would be a double jeopardy paradox. Too many leaving an area/state, drains the taxes and state income from that state and transfers it to another...
    But it can be a double edged sword, as those that "migrate" must also have jobs and ability to feed, clothe, and house themselves and their respective families....
    Sheesh..
    Now I have a headache!
    ( now cut that oiut, you're a scarin' me!)

9. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

William Johnstone saw this coming - it's starting to sound very much like something from his "Ashes" series. I can easily see a "Tri-States" forming in real life. If it does, I'm packing up and lighting out for the Free States....... [winkthumb]

I may be too old and fat to fight effectively, but every good army needs cooks, mechanics and support personnel. maddd

10. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

That and "wise men" too.

11. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

I would like to see Texas pass this too. Our border is a war zone, talked to some friends from El Paso. They hear gun fire in the distance every day now.

12. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Keep a close watch in the near future - those valiant Minutemen in Arizona may well force the ILLEGALS to use other avenues - the roads into Texas may become more heavily trafficked.

13. KHAN

KHAN Monkey+++

Idaho has done the same thing as well as passed a bill to sue the federal gov't over making health care mandatory.

14. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

People are waking up!
    It could go from protests to something far more aggressive, and all it would take is one short tempered or deranged person to kick ovr the first domino!
    I could see arizona becoming a nightmare in a real hurry, just like texas!

15. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

PA has introduced legislation to counter Obamacare. Evidently there are others.

16. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

So far there are now 14 states, but I'm curious: what's taking the rest so long to make up their minds?
    There is NO way on this earth that a LAW can be passed to make anyone BUY anything! Much less to fine you for NOT doing so!
    I likened it to making everyone buy auto insurance, even if you are a paraplegic, quadraplegic, or in such a medical condition (such as being BLIND!), that it's ludicrous!
    But "It's the law"....reminds me of the movie "Judge Dredd"!
    Have these morons in office lost their senses entirely?
    Must be the Kool-Aid!???

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7