XDs Recall Information.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by HK_User, Oct 6, 2013.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

[​IMG]
    3.3 XD-S™ SAFETY RECALL
    Technical Background Get Started Contact Us FAQ (Updated 10/04/2013)
    XD-S™ Voluntary Safety Recall FAQUpdated Oct. 4, 2013
    This information applies only to XD-S™ pistols in the serial number ranges below
    Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm pistols - serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700
    Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300

This Springfield XD-S™ Recall FAQ will be updated every Friday through the recall process. Please check back for updates.

Thank you for the positive response to our voluntary safety recall and to our most recent update. We exercised extreme caution by issuing this recall and we did so because safety is, and always has been, our paramount concern. We truly appreciate the enormous support, patience and loyalty of our customers and we remain committed to resolving this matter quickly and ensuring that you are pleased with your upgraded 3.3 XD-S™.

As we noted in last Friday's update, our testing of potential upgrade solutions has continued and we are pleased to tell you that we have made significant progress over the last seven days. We have now identified what we believe is our final upgrade solution and throughout this coming week we will be continuing with our thorough and exhaustive testing of that solution. It's because of our commitment to your safety that we are conducting such extensive testing and we are working as fast as we can so that we can return your upgraded pistol to you.

We understand that our voluntary safety recall has made it inconvenient for you to be without your pistol, and we sincerely apologize for that. We expect to have more definitive information to share with you by Friday, October 11.

As a reminder, do not use your 3.3 XD-S™ until the upgrade has been performed.
    Update from Sept. 27, 2013
    This information applies only to XD-S™ pistols in the serial number ranges below
    Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm pistols - serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700
    Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300

This Springfield XD-S™ Recall FAQ will be updated every Friday through the recall process. Please check back for updates.

We understand that our voluntary safety recall has made it inconvenient for you to be without your pistol, and we sincerely apologize for that. We also understand your frustration with our lack of follow-up communication to this point and we are committing to you now that we will provide regular updates going forward.

We originally estimated a 30-day turn-around time, but it has unfortunately taken longer to develop and identify an upgrade solution. Please know that we are continuing to test potential upgrade solutions at this time and we have been doing so since we became aware of this issue. This testing is nearing completion and we will post any new updates as soon as we have identified a final upgrade solution. We will post our next update no later than Friday, October 4, and we will communicate immediately if a final solution is identified prior to that date. We wish that we could provide you with a specific return date at this time, but we are unfortunately unable to do so. Upgrades will be completed on a "first come / first served" basis.
    Why it's taking so long:
    We pledge to you that we are working as fast as we can, and have greatly increased our staff and number of shifts to ensure that we are leveraging every hour in the day.

We understand that our decision to announce a voluntary safety recall without a final solution in place has caused confusion and frustration. We sincerely apologize for that inconvenience. However, your safety is, and always has been, our paramount concern. And that is why we decided to issue the voluntary safety recall before we had a guaranteed upgrade solution in place.

Our decision not to wait was based on putting you, our customer, first. Some companies build in several weeks of lead time before announcing their recalls. But, we didn't feel that was the most responsible approach in this case since our priority is your safety.

Please know that we are committed to resolving this matter as quickly as possible and we are committed to ensuring that you will be very pleased with your upgraded 3.3 XD-S™. As a reminder, do not use your 3.3 XD-S™ until the upgrade has been performed.
    Q1: How will I know when my pistol is upgraded and shipping back?
    A1: When your upgrade has been completed you will receive a shipping notice and tracking information to the e-mail address you provided for the XD-S™ Recall.
    Q2: It says you have to have an adult-authorized signature for the XD-S™ pistol to be returned, what happens if I am not home when they try to deliver?
    A2: FedEx will make 3 attempts to deliver your pistol. On the 3rd attempt, if they cannot deliver they will leave a notice on your door and will hold your XD-S™ pistol for 2 days at your local FedEx facility for pick up.
    Q3: I have sent e-mails and left voice messages but have not been replied to yet, when should I expect a response?
    A3: We apologize; however due to the very large number of inquiries we have received about the recall, our responses to voicemails and e-mails are running behind.
    Q4: How do I package the pistol for return? In the original case?
    A4: Please safely and properly unload your XD-S™ pistol and properly clean it before returning. Your pistol can be shipped back to us in the original case inside a shipping box. If you do not have the original case, the pistol can be wrapped securely in bubble wrap or similar material, and placed in a sturdy shipping box. Please ship only the pistol. We do not need any magazines or additional accessories to complete the upgrade. Please do not use a FedEx envelope. FedEx boxes are free at the facility and they work well for your return. Please ask for the "free FedEx priority box."
    Q5: I was notified of the recall through a friend that received a notice; I did not receive one. How should I have been notified?
    A5: There are multiple ways to be notified of the recall. Springfield has used e-mail, web-sites, direct mail and even word of mouth to help spread the information about the recall. If you have an XD-S™ pistol and have not been contacted by Springfield please go to our recall website at www.springfieldrecall.com. Our goal is to reach every owner of an XD-S™ and have their pistol upgraded and returned at no charge. Please help us spread the word to any other XD-S™ owners you know.
    Q6: I am an FFL Dealer and have multiple XD-S™ pistols to be returned. Should I log in each one individually or can I send them all in one shipment?
    A6: As an FFL holder with multiple pistols you can contact your Springfield Representative directly who will be able to give you a separate Return Authorization # and a different shipping # for multiple returns.
    Q7: I received my RMA# for the pistol but I want it returned to a different address, can I do this?
    A7: Your XD-S™ pistol must be shipped back to your home address. Changing the return to a different home residence is not possible due to Federal Law. There is one exception, if you own your own business or have two residencies we can have the pistols shipped to that location. In order to change the address you must fax in the request stating that you are the business owner or separate residence owner and would like your pistol returned to this address. Please be sure to list your RMA# and serial# of your XD-S™ on the fax. Fax all requests to 309-944-8490.
    Q8: When I go to print my FedEx label for shipping; the declared value is 0.00. Do I need to insure my pistol?
    A8: No, Springfield has insurance for your pistol during shipment. Some labels may show 0.00 but you can be assured if anything were to happen to your pistol during shipment it will be covered by Springfield.
    Q9: I am a certified armorer; can I receive the parts and replace them myself?
    A9: No, Springfield will be performing all of the upgrades at no charge at the Springfield factory only.
    Q10: I have made modifications to my XD-S™ with aftermarket parts? What will happen to these?
    A10: Springfield will be putting the pistol back as if it were new from the factory. All aftermarket parts will be returned to the owner along with their pistol.
    Q11: If I want to return my pistol for a full refund, can this be done?
    A11: No, all XD-S™ pistols will be upgraded with new components. The XD-S™ will be returned to the owner at no charge.
    Q12: What parts are being upgraded?
    A12: We will be upgrading the grip safety and other component parts. You will know that your pistol has been upgraded upon visual inspection of the grip safety which will have a small roll pin installed.

Q13: My XD-S™ pistol is currently at Springfield for an upgrade or repair; will it be upgraded while it's there?
    A13: Yes, any XD-S™ pistol that was at Springfield prior to the recall will have the upgrade work done before it is sent back to the customer.
    Q14: Can I have Custom work done to my pistol while it is there for the recall?
    A14: No, Springfield will only be doing recall upgrades to pistols shipped back for the voluntary recall
    Springfield XD-S™ Recall FAQ will be updated periodically through the recall process

Yard Dart likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7