Y2K13 Summer Fishin' Thread - Post your keepers!

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by Mindgrinder, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Panner....was exceptionally good eatin'...
    Most important thing was finding a new hole.
    :)

G

ColtCarbine likes this.
  2. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Beautiful scenery! Nice fish too. Been so long since I caught a fish I can hardly rem what it feels like. I really need to get out.

Byte

Mindgrinder likes this.
  3. Mindgrinder

Thx, love this lake and it's pretty close to the ranch....less than 10 miles.
    Wish I had a boat with a down rigger to go after the lake trout in the middle aboot 65 feet down...grrrr....
    Anadromous Bull Trout, Chinook Salmon, Chum Salmon, Coho Salmon, Cutthroat Trout, Dolly Varden, Kokanee, Lake Trout, Largescale Sucker, Longnose Sucker, Northern Pikeminnow, Peamouth Chub, Rainbow Trout, Redside Shiner

Alouette Lake - South, Mission, British Columbia

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I have a pair of downriggers left from when the ex got the boat. You pay shipping and send some support to the site, I'll send. With or without the cannon balls, and with the mounting plates. One of the attaching clips needs fixing, other than that, should be good to go. Rough estimate for checking shipping costs, say 10 kilo without cannonballs. Zip 18834 to wherever the sam hill you are. The boat is your problem to solve ---

Mindgrinder likes this.
  5. Mindgrinder

Hey that's much appreciated Ghrit! If I come across a cheap boat at a yard sale I may very well take u up on that offer and hit u back with some seeds if u got a use for them. :)

6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I have the boat, what exactly are down riggers?o_O

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Basically, a down rigger simply takes your lure down to where the fish are so you can troll thru the school without using extra long lines off outriggers. Probably don't need them in most water, but deep lakes and offshore, they get a lot of use.

Downrigger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

8. kellory

Interesting. I have a 14ft v-hull with a 5 hp evenrude. GPS would give me the proper speed, and I have 10lb lead drift anchors now. I have access to all sorts of cable, though 3/32 should be plenty strong enough, and Hoover Res. has 60ft of water at the center channel. I may be able to construct the reel from an old come-along, and this trick for the release :" Line Release for Downrigger

Well....Try This....

Take a rubber band (Larger Rubber band=Larger Rig) and wrap it around your fishing line (One end through the other) Now clip the rubber band with a paper clip (Bigger Clip=Bigger Rig)......

Put your ball to what ever depth you want it.....take the paper clip (attached to the rubber band attached to your line) and clip it on the downrigger cable. Feed it line and down it goes easy as you please. No....2 handed let them both out at the same time crap. When you get a strike but missed the fish....just rerig....clip another line on and down it goes without ever having to haul in the ball.

I'll never touch another downrigger release clip in my life!

Hope that helps.
    Capt. Dave"

I think I have another project to add to the list....

9. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

I got a friend gonna teach me how to fish this summer :)

Mindgrinder and kellory like this.
  10. Mindgrinder

In-State 10 Kilos aint much for shipping....it would be harsh for me coming across the CAN line. Make sure it's worth your time/effort - check if the lake you're fishing has anything worth going after at a deep depth and make sure your boat can handle the mount and that you have the right poles/reels/line to land something that deep/big. You don't downrig for catfish.... ;-P

11. Mindgrinder

Learning How To Fish - Learn How to Fish

What this site won't teach you is LOCAL SECRETS and the beer to worm factor.
    It also says nothing aboot Jesus...the Almighty Fisher!
    *smirk*
    :)

12. kellory

He offered them to you. I can make mine. There are plenty of fish in the body of water that I have never seen/ landed, but I have been fishing the shallows. I have seen pics of a 6' cat taken from here....

Mindgrinder likes this.
  13. Mindgrinder

Not that I'm a pro cat fisher...but I'm psure u could just drop a bread ball or worm to the bottom at the deepest depth and get hits.
    Cats don't chase lures...
    Downrigging is for trolling...my specialty...
    *smirk*

14. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Here was our last catch before we BBQ'd them!!
    Came out nice and delicious!!
    10958-ca5aabbef7b219a3c05f5325ebef7719[1].

VisuTrac and Mindgrinder like this.
  15. Mindgrinder

Looks like u got enough to feed a brood there!
    I've been out a couple more times since the last vid...
    Nailed this pretty girl after getting skunked all day...

Was worth the wait.

G

ColtCarbine and Yard Dart like this.
  16. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

The boys went fishing today.... one with a couple of nice large mouth bass and the other with two pink salmon and one silver. @probie did well !!! [winkthumb]
    We have them fillet's ready to go on the plank tomorrow for the BBQ!!!
    YD

IMG_5334. IMG_20130831_202851_412. photo.PNG

Mindgrinder, ColtCarbine and kellory like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7