Yaesu FT 4X - Baofeng Killer?

Discussion in 'Survival Communications' started by 3M-TA3, Mar 3, 2020.

1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Yaesu is bringing out a new line of inexpensive entry level transceivers. Here is an overview of the $75 FT 4X

Dont, Brokor, DKR and 6 others like this.
  2. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

May look at a few of these. Thanks for the post!

sec_monkey and ghrit like this.
  3. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

very interesting - I'll have to take a look.
    tnx!

sec_monkey likes this.
  4. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

They need to get their finger out and bring out an SDR that can compete with the iCom 7300 and soon the IC-705...because they are losing a huge part of the market...which will take a long time to get back. Having said that... I like Yaseu - a lot - and will probably purchase a couple of these in the near future.

PLA and 3M-TA3 like this.
  5. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Great news. I was wondering when the Japanese manufacturers of Ham radio gear were going to be forced to lower their prices. They're going to lose market to the Chinese if they haven't already, even if the Chinese gear is lower quality.

damoc and 3M-TA3 like this.
  6. Shinmen Takezo

Shinmen Takezo Monkey+++

Three years ago I purchased a couple of Zastone ZT-UV8W--which look like a Beofang (sp?) but are not according to my ex-military, Naval radioman guy. They are supposed to transmit at 8 watts but in reality closer to 10, and allegedly are not kosher--so they stopped importing them. I like them a lot. Now they have more advanced models.

DuxDawg and Brokor like this.
  7. Shinmen Takezo

Shinmen Takezo Monkey+++

If you think Yaesu's are expensive here--go to Japan and try buying one. Even in Akihabara the cut-throat electronics retail Mecca, the prices are 30% more or so than here, plus consumption tax.

I think Chinese quality is coming up now--they came in with the likes of Befang (sp?) and saw that they needed more reliability.

Brokor likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7