Yawn. Another Tasering w/out cause.

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by melbo, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Theytaught us the "kubaton" itwas the only authorized non lethal at the time there are several "pain compliance" takedown techniques with one. The only "peaceful" on was to zip it up the spineof sitting demonstrators who have interlocked arms in tubing. They will standup and take their friends with them. ( now I'm ashamed to admit being involved in that kinda training...) [booze]

2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

You know, if cops would quit calling people perpetrators, individuals, suspects, all that cop talk crap, and start calling people man or woman, boy, girl, person...anything that identifies them as the same species, them I believe a lot of these abuses would stop. It is harder to taze a man than it is to taze a perp.

3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

dehumanization;worked against the nazis, the japanese,and the vc "we"alway dehumanize the enemy..now he is us!![patr][gun2][OO][OO][OO]

4. sheen_estevez

sheen_estevez Monkey+++

That's really the whole issue here, this cop could have defused the situation just by letting the person talk for one, and then being calm himself. And really, I know it's the law and all, but he didn't want to sign the ticket, doesn't mean it isn't still issued to him, and if he doesn't show up to court a warrant is issued for his arrest.

I worked in LE for about 5 years, long before tasers, my wife currently works in LE, in a non-enforcement position so I keep pretty close contact with many of them. The older guys who have been doing this for some time are not and will not carry tasers, it seems to be the younger breed that is all gung-ho about them. The older ones know the best way is to discuss the issues with the Person not hit them with 12000 volts just because the Person is pissed off because they are getting a ticket. As long as your life is not in danger or people around you are not in danger there is no excuse for this behavior and this person should not carry a badge.

5. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

6. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

http://www.barryyeoman.com/articles/shocking.html

It was no accident when Ronnie Hawkins encountered a trigger-happy judge while defending himself against burglary charges in Long Beach, California. During a testy interchange, Superior Court Judge Joan Comparet-Cassani ordered Hawkins to be quiet. "You are wearing a very bad instrument," she warned. "If you want to feel it, you can, but stop interrupting."
    "You are going to electrocute me for talking?" Hawkins asked.
    "No, sir, but they will zap you if you keep doing it," she replied. A few seconds later, as the defendant was raising a constitutional issue, the judge directed a courtroom deputy to deliver an electric shock to Hawkins, who was seated and manacled. "You refused to obey my order to stop interrupting me," she explained. Hawkins called the shock "excruciatingly painful. It made my body go into involuntary convulsions. It was horrible."

7. hartage

hartage Monkey+++

Talking schmalking..... why bother ? Cops (along with every government employee) have absolute immunity against profesional incompetence anyways. Why bother with all this nonsense of kid gloves, just tase em or shoot em and be done with it. Cops don't go to jail for that anyways.

Hell you can shoot a handcuffed 17yo boy in the back of a squad car with a .40 in the chest and get away with it. How ? Easy, just claim that you thought you were reaching for your taser and had NO idea you were really pulling out your .40 when you blew the little punk away. Imagine, the little punk was trying to damage your squad car ! Of course he deserved to die. Just don't forget to say it was an accident so that way nobody can touch you.

Hopefully everyone detected the heavy dose of sarcasm and picked up that this was satire.

8. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

Now that is a statement. We are about to get so used to seeing tazering and its after affects that we will become "used" to it and then the masses will say, "Guess he should have just listened to the officers. He must have done something wrong."

[patr]

9. hartage

hartage Monkey+++

I won't be surprised when even grandmas will get tazed for not immediately following a command. Never mind that they prob didn't hear the command in the first place. (hard of hearing) The day will come.

10. Evenglischatiest

Evenglischatiest Monkey+++

I'm seeing a somewhat darker future, where the taser just becomes part of the stop.

[siren]
    Pull over.
    Open window.
    ZAP
    "License and registration, please."
    [whipem]

It's the only way to truly insure the safety of the officer.

11. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

wouldn't it be fun to build an electrified anti-taser suit that could deliver an even bigger charge back to the taserer officer that would make the taser explode in his hand....kind of like a taser proof vest with a bonus charge!

How about: I got tasered to protect myself from being shot by a cop with a gun. It was for my own good. Thanks officer. Now move along....nothing to see here (I feel a new sig line, thanks Seacowboys.

12. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

been thinking about lining my leather jacket with stainless steel mesh to stop andshort circuit the "sum 'bitch":
    but then cops would just zap me in the head....

Or just escalate directly to chemical weapons[gasmask][gasmask][gasmask][nothome][fart]
    heavy on the beans!!

13. hartage

hartage Monkey+++

Heh, I had a similar idea but with radios way back when. It was to mount a yagi ant on the trunk pointed backwards. Goal was to send a massive focused signal in the same frequency the cop's radios use with the goal of burning out the radio circuitry. If that test failed next up was to use a magnetron aimed backwards to use microwave frequencies to induce current in their electronics and burn them out. If those two theories proved unworkable the old standby. Just a regular omnidirectional ant to simply jam the cop frequencies and keep him from calling out anywhere near me. Darn good thing common sense kicked in before I found myself in jail eh ? [beer]

14. hartage

hartage Monkey+++

actually that is a good idea. Cops can't just zap you in the head after tazing you because tasers are one shot wonders. After the first shot the whole cartridge has to be replaced. I doubt they carry a spare on them. Even if they did it would buy you a few precious seconds to get out of dodge.

Lol I can see it now, the new trend in streetwear tazer resistant. Big brother is gonna love you for coming up with that one. :D

15. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Hey! I'm calling a patent on that idea(should get singled out for the extra special waterboard)......
    yeah I'll just get everybody shot in the thighs....
    somewhere I got a million dollar idea lurking...

Revolution underwear maybe it!

16. hartage

hartage Monkey+++

Oh don't stress... I'm sure as we speak cops all around your area are getting descriptions of you. I imagine you will now get pulled over 10x a day and get tazed for blinking. The waterboard would be last, after they can get you whisked off to some third world country.

17. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Cash Starved Forest Service Spends $600,000 to Buy Tasers “The U.S. Forest Service has bought $600,000 worth of “Electronic Control Devices” without any training program, rules for use or even a written explanation as to why the devices are needed, according to agency records posted today by Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility (PEER). The devices, known as Tasers, are sitting in storage and cannot be issued because the agency has yet to develop a training course. … ‘The proliferation of Tasers within federal land management agencies has all the earmarks of a mindless arms race that has eluded any thoughtful public or congressional review. As a result, in addition to the howl of the coyote and the hoot of the owl, the plaintive cry of ‘Don’t tase me, bro’ may soon echo through the forest night.’”

18. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

GettingTough to be a backpacker these days,protected ganja gardens[js][stoner], rogue(?) fish and tree cops wielding torture devicestaser1

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7