Yellow Stone park seems to be

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, Jun 21, 2017.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Convert the hydro powered hydroponic thc setup to edible crops, or simply bong on regardless unto oblivion. ;)

2. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I was in Yakima Wa that Sunday Morning.
    Got up early to do the ranch chores before church just like every Sunday. While feeding the stock I noticed that the horizon was as black as night, never seen it that dark. Came in and told my Father I needed help checking and tightening the tarps covering the hay as a storm was coming..
    I am a PK, and my Father was the preacher at a VERY conservative fundamental Baptist church.
    Fast forward a few hours and we are sitting in the middle of a true fire n brimstone sermon. The kind where you are asked "Can I git an AMEN Brothers and Sisters? I SAID CAN I GET AN AMEN MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS?!!" Well Dad is really into it,sweatin, the suit coat has come off long ago and he is up there pacing back n forth across the stage.
    Then it starts getting dark.
    As dark as midnight and it's 11:30 AM.
    Then the sulfur smell hits..

By the time the altar call came it was pitch black outside, ash was falling like black snow and the sulfur smell was overpowering.
    And boy howdy was them prayer altars full!!
    LOL, all of the Bertha better than yous was lined up 3 deep waitin their turn.

I'll never forget May 18th 1980...

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

A quote from star trek seems appropriate here.
    "Devine intervention is unlikely".

Sgt Nambu and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

The evidence is mounting, volcanos are becoming more unstable, the ring of fire is unsettling .
    Though chances of ash making it here (southern California) are thin, chances exist none the less.
    Having whole house air filters, and the means to wash an reuse them is going to be vital to survival.
    Animals and equipment need special attention as well as green houses and aviaries , for clean air clean water and food.
    If there is no clean ground preserved, nor the means to remove the ash for farming nor green houses,
    streams and bodies of water will be contaminated, animals living in and on the water will die, life on this planet will implode.
    We'll truly be driven back to the stone age .
    Any government/military with power, is going to abuse that opportunity to make slaves of any one not having the capacity to support them selves indefinitely , and withstand them.
    Many have only a few weeks or months of reserve , but what then, after that is consumed ?
    Even if you have all these things, but no sunlight nor rain what then?
    There is artificial light, and aquaponics ,which means one can grow fish and vegetables at the same time, using the same water over and over . theoretically .
    I have these going on a educational level now . Later I will advance to more practical and functional process. DSCN4226.JPG

Sgt Nambu, Ura-Ki and Tully Mars like this.
  5. duane

duane Monkey+++

Tulley Mars, you bring up a good point, how do you know when theory, biblical or otherwise, transforms itself into reality. In real life you have to make real decisions based on really limited information and the results may take effect years later. Prepping, preparing for retirement, having children, getting married, going to college, joining the military, believing in God, etc, come to mind

Sgt Nambu, Ura-Ki and Tully Mars like this.
  6. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

Oh Come On, you either prepare for it or your going to succumb to it. It's not like it ain't going to happen again, your just placing your bets that it don't happen during your lifetime, if your wrong................
    PPPP. is not considered an emergency on my part. JMHO.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  7. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

All the volcanos that have ever erupted and all the meteors that ever landed have not extinguished life on this planet and I don't believe they ever will. Life finds a way.

3M-TA3, chelloveck and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  8. chelloveck

I like an optimist....even a forlorn one.

Tully Mars likes this.
  9. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

As Heinlein suggested in Tunnel in the Sky, when faced with a situation you can do nothing about, take a nice nap. That way you'll be refreshed and relaxed when you finally get a chance to do something.

Right after Mt. St. Helen's Easyrider's Magazine ran a feature about a group of bikers that escaped through the ash cloud on their Harleys. The pictures were amazing.

The bikes looked like they came out of Pompeii, but they just kept on running until everyone got where they wanted to go.

3M-TA3 and Tully Mars like this.
  10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

No matter where you live there is a risk of natural disaster. It could be natural like tsunami, earthquake, volcano, flood, drought, meteor or it could be man made like riots, economic collapse, or war. I'll take my chances on the natural risks over man made risks any day. They don't happen as often and they don't seek you out personally.

Sgt Nambu, chelloveck and BTPost like this.
  11. chelloveck

Although Australia is a relatively inactive volcanic region at the moment, it hadn't always been, and, although down here in the Southern hemisphere, we may be somewhat isolated from volcanic fallout from a northern hemisphere eruption...there are plenty of volcanically active regions to our East, and North that have the potential to Krakatoa

A northern hemisphere massive eruption of the Yellowstone Caldera would also affect the southern hemisphere climate for a while as well. Would it be a world killer...possibly not....would it threaten human life world wide...possibly However, humanity had been threatened with extinction before...and look at us now.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7