Yep, it's officially spring time in Michigan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VisuTrac, Mar 18, 2011.

1. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

my wife said that the robins around here are seriously stupid. So they don't count.

For her it's when the Red Wing Black birds and the Killdeer arrive.

my cats don't care cause they all taste like chicken to them.
    [drooling]

2. Disciple

Disciple Monkey+

Too funny big vis.

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Up here, spring is signaled by Robins arriving, and Pussy Willows, showing, and confirmed by the arrival of the Humming Birds, and Mr. Bear waking Up. Summer arrives with the Swallows, Greening of the grass, and the first Red Salmon in the streams. we are just now getting into Spring, not confirmed here, YET.....

4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

In Pennsylvania, spring is officially signaled by the date being in May something or other, due to the fact that it tends to snow throughout April. The jet stream often times comes right through, dumping lake Erie waste all over, spreading tidings of joy and radioactive carcinogens. Of course, SUMMER doesn't happen until much later. This splendid time of year is usually signaled by the lack of elderly flooding the streets in their immaculate 1970's smoker. I've found out why Pennsylvania has 325 million times the number of elderly than Florida; it's because most are blind (and still drive using the force) and simply cannot find their way to Florida (blocked by the dark side) to receive much needed sun and warmth. When I go to the store, or anywhere for that matter, I have to drive on the sidewalk because the road is jammed with aged 80 and over blind people. Apparently, they issue drivers licenses even to the dead in Pennsylvania. When I get to the store, I have to use a carry basket because all the push baskets are occupied by old people bumping into each other, some looking for their teeth which go chattering across the floor, bumping into the Chex Mix.

I believe the least I see the elderly is during summer. They don't go to Florida -they stay indoors to receive just the right amount of air conditioning, coupled with that small portable ceramic heater "just to keep the temperature constant". Whatever amount of elderly Florida has, I am willing to bet that we have 100 times their number up here in Pennsylvania. These old folk can outlive Mother Teresa, most look to be about 49-ish, which is surprisingly good for weather-beaten old hags who get angry at you for daring to drive above 15 M.P.H. and call the police to report your license plate number. Of course, the police receive ten billion calls like this daily, and they used to just ignore them, but in today's age of "terrorism", where no crime is too small to go unnoticed, you receive a phone call shortly after legally passing Grandmother Moses.

Boy, am I glad that I registered my Dad's phone number with the DMV.

5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Ah! Sweet springtime, when the Yankee and Canuck snowbirds finally pack up and return home...... Our roads are a bit safer, the Walmarts a bit less crowded, the beaches begin their recovery....... [stirpot]

Such is Life In Sunny Florida....... [beer]

6. GI Joe's wife

GI Joe's wife Monkey+

The real signs of spring around here is the rhubarb and asparagus and both are up and looking good.

Carly

7. Yoldering

Yoldering Monkey+++

It already feels like summer here!

8. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Spring? What is spring? We have 2 seasons. Summer and Not Summer. Highs in the low 90's humidity in the 80% range...My garden has been growing for nearly 4 months. Ah, I love living in subtropical zones. We know it has become Summer when a "cold front" drops the temperature by only 3 degrees for an hour.

9. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Same here...... we went from Deep Winter straight into High Summer.....

10. beast

beast backwoodsman

spring

spring is when the dandy lions spread their manes in all their golden sunny colors

11. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Spring here in West Michigan is bringing lots of Bluegills to my freezer. Fishing is good. Oh , yes we have lots of Dany Lions as well. Those things are great snacks for my rabbits. Kingfish

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7