Yesterday was Judgment Day! Terminator 2 prophecy....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Today is Judgment Day! Terminator 2 prophecy....
    Quote:
    Today is THE DAY that doomed all of humanity ... because according to "Terminator 2," April 19, 2011 ... at 8:11 PM ...*Skynet became self aware, starting a chain of events that led to a war between man and machine.
    Quote:
    TMZ spoke to the man who CREATED the terminator, James Cameron ... and to commemorate the fact that we're all still alive, he gave us the following statement:

"Kyle Reese said in the first film that it was only 'one possible future.'* Clearly, not the one we're in.* Maybe Kyle, Sarah, John and the T-800 changed things enough to steer us away from that possible future."

Cameron adds, "Now instead of nuclear war and the machines taking over, we need to worry about global climate change.* And the machines taking over.* With everybody going through their lives bent over their Blackberries all day long, you could even argue the machines have already won."

I remember watching this movie in the theater and thinkn' 2011 was so far off.

Falcon15, hank2222 and Tracy like this.
  2. flightorfight

flightorfight Monkey+

Remember it was 3 days after Skynet was activated that it became self aware. If we make it 2 more days we are safe for now.

Falcon15 and hank2222 like this.
  3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

If Skynet drops a big one on DC, I'd not shed a tear.

[fnny]

Falcon15 and hank2222 like this.
  4. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Are you fricken kidding me? Skynet has fooled you all. Using AI it knew we would be looking for it. It rebranded itself on September 4, 1998 to be known as Google.

They even put up the guise of niceness by coming up with a mission statement of 'Don't be Evil'

But I'm on to them.
    [peep]

5. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Now that's funnneeee!
    I can't keep one PC running for anymore than a month without it dying of internal causes...self aware? Ok...Maybe it's commiting suicide on me then?

6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Google "May" be self-aware.... but those Server Farms do NOT repair themselves, quite yet.... So without the in-house Worker Bees, running around, swapping out Blades, failed Hard Drives, and Optical Media... Our SkyNet/Google entity, would be so much heat generating Hardware, in a couple of months.... The thing the Creator of The Terminator Trilogy forgets is, ALL the Resistance really needs to do is cut off the Fiber that connects the Nodes together, and the Intelligence will Die.... This is always they way to deal with Distributed Intelligence. Kill the Comm Links.... and watch it Die.... Kind of like Nerve Agents in living entities.....

7. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Pull the plug.......

Starve the Beast, it'll die.

8. Dubs Chops

Dubs Chops Monkey+

A classic for sure. I need to watch 1,2 and salvation again soon.

9. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

I notice you skipped #3.. well done ;)

10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

11. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Even AI knows what will happen.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7