YETI SUXX

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by HK_User, Apr 21, 2018.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Yeti Boycotts NRA Foundation-Are You Mad Yet

Texas State Rifle Association <legisdir@tsra.com>

Texas State Rifle Association PAC
    [​IMG]
    Dear TSRA Members, Family, and Friends:

Yeti

Austin Based Company
    Write a Letter

Make a Call
    Not the Only Game in Town!

Executive Director
    United Sportsmen of Florida
    NRA Past President

For years YETI Coolers have been a hot item for sportsmen at the Friends of NRA Foundation Banquet and Auction events around the country.

These Foundation events raise money to support youth programs and educational programs nationwide. The youth of America who benefit from these programs are the future hunters, hikers, fishermen/women, bikers, campers, wildlife photographers, mountain climbers, sportsmen/women and conservationists who will protect our natural resources and recreational lands.

Suddenly, without prior notice, YETI has declined to do business with The NRA Foundation saying they no longer wish to be an NRA vendor, and refused to say why.
    They will only say they will no longer sell products to
    The NRA Foundation.

That certainly isn't sportsmanlike. In fact, YETI should be ashamed. They have declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities. These activities enable them to appreciate America and enjoy our natural resources with wholesome and healthy
    outdoor recreational and educational programs.

The NRA Foundation is 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable organization.

In this day and age, information is power. We thought you needed this information.

Yeti Corporate Office

7601 Southwest Parkway

Austin, TX 78735

1-512-394-9384

Remember TSRA aggressively supports 4-H Shooting Sports, a part of Agri-life, serving all 254 Texas counties as requested. Half the net profits from the TSRA license plate goes directly to this program involving over 8,000 Texas youth plus parents, coaches, and staff . The other half goes to continuing scholarships at A&M.

Member funding and involvement also serves and supports ROTC, Hunter Education and other youth safety and competitive shooting programs across our state and across the country.

Are you mad yet? Write a letter and make a call! Yeti is not the only game in town!

Keep the faith.

Sincerely,

Alice Tripp
    Legislative Director
    Texas State Rifle Association-PAC
    The Texas State Rifle Association was founded in 1919 . We thank our 37,000 members in Texas and around the country for their continued support.

www.tsra.com and www.tsrapac.com

Quick Links

Who Represents Me

TSRAPAC

TSRA

Join, Renew, Upgrade

Donate

Updated CHL/LTC Handbook

The Fewest Restrictions For
    Law-Abiding Texas
    Gun Owners

[​IMG]
    Texas State Rifle Association, 8411 N. I-35, Austin, TX 78753

Altoidfishfins, Ura-Ki and Motomom34 like this.
  2. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

I have seen the Yeti travel cups and small coolers for sale at RK. The price point on a 20oz travel cup was like darn near $30 each. The price for a small cooler was if I can remember $199 each. I will simply stick with Coleman.

BenP, Altoidfishfins, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Never purchased a Yeti. Too much expensive. Seems like the trendy companies are boycotting the NRA. Fine by me.

3cyl, Altoidfishfins, Ura-Ki and 3 others like this.
  4. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

The ones from Walmart work just fine for less than half the price

3cyl, Altoidfishfins, Ura-Ki and 4 others like this.
  5. HK_User

I never purchased a YETI, I did bid on one at a NRA Auction to cover expenses for two local Police officers, one who was injured on duty and the other who had cancer and needed help with daily expenses as both needed 24/7 care.

I bid full boat ++ as I was there to support the Officers, now yeti, well they are on my hind tit list.

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I use RTIC

Gafarmboy, Capt. Tyree and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

You know, the YETI dropped the NRA and gave no reason. The above are **assuming** it has something to do with the 2nd/guns/PC.

Could be they just want to save some dough. They dropped their 'donation' program in 2015, and did start it up again 'till mid 2017. Given the price of their products, I can see that might be facing some "income issues".

Dont, Ura-Ki, ghrit and 1 other person like this.
  8. HK_User

Since they dropped their IPO plans due to market conditions it seems like a bad move on their part to drop the NRA and not use the same reason.

Understand they did not loose money on the NRA products.
    Looks like a Lose Lose move to me.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  9. HK_User

10. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I received a Yeti as a gift, one of the monster 120 qt. coolers, and while I lives up to its reputation, it also cost over $500 for the folks who gifted it to me. Its semi permentally attached to my Jeep, the real use I have is on the boat, that one is a 150 qt. IGLOO that works just as good, and cost $150 on sale. Th at one gets serious use, and is plenty tough enough!
    If Yet I wants to drop the NRA, fine by me, I will not be supporting ether, but I'm keeping my Yet, I'm not giving that up, and it was a gift from friends before all this happens!

ghrit and HK_User like this.
  11. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Yeti vs other coolers - cost verse performance. Yeti is the most expensive - but the 'best'? Maybe not so much.

Coolers Better Than Yeti - The Cooler Box yes, a site all about ice chests. The Internet is so wonderful....

So glad we left SoNv. Cheap ice chests work great up here...

BenP, Dont, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  12. HK_User

So, when did this thread become "The Best Cooler"?
    I donated/bid on the ice chest offered and paid the money because the NRA program is all about youth safety and training. As well as raisng big bucks for injured SO and another SO with Cancer.
    Erath County Deputy Critically Injured In Deadly Head-On Crash
    Erath County SO Sgt. Cody Keith begins aggressive cancer treatment

I also paid 800 dollars for a donated shotgun that I could have purchased for 300 bucks. Then again I don't worry about the small stuff when I attend a benefit auction..

"Yeti has sent notice that it will no longer sponsor Friends of the NRA events. I wonder if they will drop NWTF and Ducks Unlimited, too? This puts them right up there with Citibank and Bank of America that have announced they have pulled financing from any company that sells "military style" guns to civilians."

Friends of NRA is a fund-raising program by the National Rifle Association of America's Wayne Sheets and MidwayUSA's Founder and CEO, Larry Potterfield. Since its inception in 1992, Friends of NRA has held over 17,600 events, reached over 3.2 million attendees and raised over $600 million for The NRA Foundation,which provides essential funding that benefits programs such as youth education, law enforcement training, hunter education, conservation, firearms and marksmanship training and safety, and much more.

The Internet is so wonderful....

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

So noted for future reference.
    Thanks DKR

HK_User likes this.
  14. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

They are probably going out of business and don't care they are loosing half their clientele.

BenP and HK_User like this.
  15. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

HK_User likes this.
  16. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Now I need to find an appropriate sticker to put over the Yeti name, something like "I can't afford to ditch this POS but you'd be much better off with a Pelican"

HK_User likes this.
  17. HK_User

Except my label would read;

I got this Liberal Artifact at a Police Officers benefit auction. One Officer was Injured on duty by a drunk Pimp and the other officer had Cancer.

Question is>
    YETI what have you done to help Police Officers?

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    apache235 likes this.
  18. HK_User

A coworker sent my desire for a label to YETI.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7