Yo!! Magnus...... gear question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by swinefornicator, Aug 29, 2005.

1. swinefornicator

swinefornicator Monkey+++ Founding Member

Scored me a Zoom 1044 digital 10 track, this in your realm?

PF

2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

hmmm...musician or just into audio recording? I got tons of recording gear but most is analog.

3. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

He's a musician, plays a mean guitar...dang I wish I could hear him and timberbeast together again.

4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

That's cool...play a bit mself...guitars, mandolyn, dobro, banjo, bass, cello...kinda like strings

5. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Add guitar and piano here. "Hey, Hey, we're the Monkeys"

6. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

We have had some good luck at the store with the little Zoom multi-effect pedals. Long as it meets your requirements and is easy to use it should be a good score:)

Does it have built in Phantom Power, does it have USB outs? Or FireWire?

7. swinefornicator

Yup

All the above, thats why I got it. Just picked it up last night, we'll see what it's all about. I've heard good things about them. Was gonaa get the Boss 1180, but this was cheaper. Now I can use my Yamaha MT8X for a mixer only, it has great utility and tons of inputs, but, the sound redording days are over, didgital is the way to go.

PF

8. Cousin Jack

Cousin Jack Knifemaker Founding Member

...only time I ever get asked to play guitar, is when the police need it for riot control...*sigh*

9. swinefornicator

Yea!!!

I have been accused of the same thing Jack. Played with this sucker a little already. Nice unit. The drums are pretty nice and some of the guitar effects are good, too. The sound quality is way better than the Yamaha's. The recording utility is great. Dubbing, punch in and out, marking spots, the whole shootin' match seems great. haven't plugged into my computer yet, but will in a couple weeks.

I hope the wife didn't catch it, but, I can play along with it or a CD at moderate levels. Wasn't the case when I had to fire the Peavey 5150 stack up. I'll being going back to the stack and running this new rig through the PA.

PF

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7