Yooper Assault Rifle

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by chelloveck, Jan 4, 2014.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Pasty soumi sauna forever.

Believe it or not, as you will. The MTU Vets club had a get together in July of 71, and just for S&G, we did the HL dance (after a few brewskies, Strohs IIRC) and on the 24th, it snowed.

K-Day ("K" for Keweenaw) is in late October when someone determines that the tree color is best. The school whistle blows, the campus shuts down, and the whole mob heads up Rt. 41 to Copper Harbor for scenery (and pasties heated on engine blocks with more Strohs) and does the dance. Nobody wants snow before K-Day, but all want it after the parties are out of the way. Usually, the dance brings snow in early November.

Side note: Snow removal in the Houghton Hancock area is tricky, there's little place to put it. Usually, they plow it into the center of the street and load it onto dump trucks with truck mounted blowers, then truck it someplace where it'll melt (come summer) and run off into the Portage. I graduated in August, we had a party in back of the apartments (with a pony of Strohs.) The keg was on ice (snow, actually) retrieved from one of the dumping areas. Some of those piles never go away, local glaciers, so to say. Whatever else I might say, my ex made a pretty good chili con carne, and the next door neighbor lady did a yeoman job turning out pasties. Yep, the sheets fluttered that night and the next. We didn't know about toxic gas detectors in them thar halcyon days.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
    BTPost, VisuTrac and chelloveck like this.
  3. Snake_Doctor

Snake_Doctor Call me Snake...

I have a .58 hollow base minnie mould. The slugs fit in a 20 gauge shot cup and function well in cut down barrles.

chelloveck likes this.
  4. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Now you've gone and done it Snake Doctor. I've got some 298gr .455 Minie Bullets I'll have to try.

HD

5. Snake_Doctor

Snake_Doctor Call me Snake...

Lol. Sorry. Never got around to weighing them other than a postal scale. My scale at the time didn't go high enough. The guns I used them in were and old top break single with rifle sights I installed. It had a 20 inch barrel as I recall. Ditto for the old pump. I worked in a gunshop and we got a lot of old guns in trade. I used to buy some for my projects. Be careful of the powder charge, my bosses son tried the same and when he fired it broke open the action every time until he reduced it. Thanks for responding.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7