you get what you pay for

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by CATO, Sep 28, 2012.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

According to the story, this gun AMMO was made in China. I can't verify...could be hot loads......maybe.

Any FeeBs out there who is an expert at IDing guns by sight?

[fixedthanks]

kuh-blaow.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

3. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Dang I can't read! I went back and looked at the post and it was the AMMO that was made in China...not the gun.

4. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

What is the headstamp?

5. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

I have a strong feeling this was caused by a reload.
    This picture has been circulating the web for over 2 years now. The problem I have with the Chinese ammo claim is that the Clinton import ban on ammo/weapons from China dates back to 1993 and then all they imported was mainly rifle ammo.

STANGF150 and VisuTrac like this.
  6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

S&W 44 mag
    629?

I'm betting that it was wrong powder was being used in the reload. And it's the reload that's the issue. Lighting off one in a 44 is exciting. I couldn't imagine 3 going off when the cylinder broke exposing the other 2 cases.

Hopefully someone was wearing gloves, shooting glasses and a riot shield for good measure!

7. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

This comes around the gun forums with annoying regularity, kinda like a certain wheel-barrow equipped 'friend' of ours. Ammo was NOT 'made in China'. Somebody made some extreme hot loads and got spanked for it. Poor gun, it never knew what hit it....... :(

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7