You take your life in hand on the roads anymore.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TnAndy, Jul 1, 2019.

1. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

In addition to all the idiots trying to text or check their fool FB account, a whole lot of folks are driving around in a drugged out fog. Our local paper runs the local county/city arrests/court cases for the month. (almost 2 pages, starting 2/3way down column 3, first pic) This was in yesterday's paper....312 different folks, of which 28 arrested for meth (yellow), 50 for other drugs(red), 25 for alcohol (green). Most of these are vehicle stops. And the vast majority of the remainder were driving on revoked license (1st-4th time), meaning they most likely had already been caught driving impaired.

We REALLY need a good population reducing depression I'm afraid to say...........

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Motomom34, Oltymer, 3M-TA3 and 6 others like this.
  2. duane

duane Monkey+++

Narrow 2 lane roads around here with no real ditches, "senic roads" .. so they can't cut the trees or widen them, speed limit 50 but most cars doing 60 or more, you will pass each other at 120 or more miles per hour and you plan to miss by a couple feet. Read the police reports on driving while under drug, alcohol, distracted, overtired, etc and it is a wonder we have as few deaths as we do. They scream about gun violence, but my chances of being killed in a car accident is many times greater than by gun violence.

3. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

Our latest issue has been "wrong way driving". Drivers who enter the freeway using the offramps because they are so impaired that they don't know where they are going. It has gotten to the point that Arizona is considering one-way spikes like we used to see at the drive-in movies to stop this problem. And then the ever popular host of idiots that refuse to slow down or pull over during a dust storm and willingly just follow the tail lights in front of them. Unfortunately, we have people who are smart enough to pull off to the side of the road but then leave their foot on the brake, so the people who are just following the lights end up rear-ending a stopped car on the side of the road.

Chances of being killed from gun violence are way down the list compared being killed in a car accident or the all-time #1 on the list; your own Dr. due to medical malpractice.

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

First offense,Seize the car and have it crushed,Then sold for scrap to pay the fine,Problem solved,Now they be walking!!!

techsar, Meat, Thunder5Ranch and 3 others like this.
  5. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Chances of being killed in a mass shooting : 1 in 6700
    Chances of being killed in your car : 1 in 142
    National Safety Council Stats

6. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

I work on cars,what scares me most is the condition! Worn out brakes, bad steering components, bald tires,the list is endless! But these same people have the latest cell phone and the inside of the car smells like a Grateful Dead concert. Add in the fact that they can't drive in the first place you have a leithel combination.

7. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Most of the idiots here stick to the interstate and the state routes. I travel the County roads as much as possible and usually on a busy day see 2-3 other vehicles that are usually older locals. Although Blue Hair with a death grip on the steering wheel can be just as scary as a strung out junky :)

8. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Fear the police too. I’m not kidding. I went on a ride-a-long last week. I was in shock at the speeds they’ll do in the city. Sometimes no lights or sirens on. Zero chance of reacting in time for the unexpected. I was in serious fear for my life. Other than that he was a great young man. :D

9. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

Yeah, that's just the tip of the iceberg, as you have to consider the people who are out driving around on prescription wipeout drugs too, but that's OK because it's all done nice and legal.
    " OK, here is your license back Mrs. Smith, everything checks out on your bottle of doctor prescribed pills, but you might want to wipe the drool off your steering wheel before you proceed, as that could cause your hands to slip...

SB21, Meat, Thunder5Ranch and 2 others like this.
  10. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

Stop sign are ignored where I live. You have to figure that every car will just barrel through. Everyone is in to big of a hurry.
    I figure many people are drunk or high on meds or just plain stupid.

OldDude49, Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Texting and playing on the phone while driving!!! See these types every day and I lay on the horn with all intents to scare the crap out of em'...and it works!!!

3cyl, techsar, Cruisin Sloth and 3 others like this.
  12. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

The older brother of a friend would drive without a care in the world. Once while we were riding with him driving, a truck drifted toward his car and he was going to let the truck bump his car. When we yelled at him to honk or avoid the other vehicle, he reluctantly honked at the other driver who quickly swerved back in his lane.

His response was that if someone hit him "I'll sue the crap out of them and never have to work a day again in my life". Later that year he was hit by a drunk Mexican in the country illegally. The man had no money and I don't know if he was even deported. He was right though, he never had to work a day again in his life, since it's hard to work when you are a drooling, bed ridden, ward of the state.

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  13. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

KTUU - News

Where I live, it ain't just the road...

14. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

3cyl and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

There was a rollover crash here early Saturday morning on a divided 4 lane highway, an otherwise perfectly clear, dry road with the sun off to the right of the road (not in anyones eyes).
    The last bad crash like that the guy was several times over the legal limit.

I wouldn't worry too much about the grass smokers, they probably got pulled over once the cops became suspicious of someone driving along at around 20mph under the speed limit.
    Should be worrying about the black out drunk drivers that drive with gas pushed all the way down until someone or something stops them. Best case scenario it's ends up being a concrete bridge pylon.

Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

In my AO we just assume all other drivers are stoned and fumbling with their radio while texting. A gib reason we are bailing at the first opportunity is that the area has turned into a drug based culture. It's so bad we are frequently featured on parody sites. They are not far off the mark. Here is a screen shot from the BabylonBee that wouldn't have surprised me to see on the local news.

upload_2019-12-22_8-45-30.

I always park my vehicles way out in parking lots where nobody parks because the extra 30 seconds or so of walking would kill them. Still somehow got a ding in my driver's side door and got the passenger side of my truck bed sideswiped. If they can't avoid parked cars surrounded by lots of space you can only imagine how the roads are.

I make sure I have opportunities on both sides of me when possible and try to keep an open space on one side or teh other for evasive action. Last two incidents (yesterday and the day before) were people crossing in front of me making left hand turns where I had the right of way. In both cases slammed on the brakes to avoid them and got the stink eye as they passed me. Thinking about going Mad Max on my truck and just letting Darwin take it's course.

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  17. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I vote Mad Max !

18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

That's how we know gun control has nothing to do with public safety.

Gator 45/70 and oldawg like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7