You will NOT believe this.... and it is REAL....

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by BTPost, May 9, 2019.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

16760715_web1_airportsign-1024x1314@2x.

This sign is Posted at the Juneau International Airport.... Yes Really....
    What you have to understand is, It is NOW, Touristoe Season in Alaska....

hank2222, Zimmy, yeti695 and 15 others like this.
  2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Makes good sense to me , does Alaska have road runners ?

3. BTPost

Not the Aivian Kind.... at least not that I have ever heard of...

4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

They have Eagles, thousands and thousands of them, like seagulls with attitude, and serious talons! They will swoop down and take your little fluffy foofoo doggy for brunch, beg for hand outs, and go rootin through any thing they want looking for food!

5. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I thought they only preferred live food .

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Must be a Sign sold at the Airport Fun Shop.

Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
  7. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Eagle eat dead meat just like a buzzard. I have seen one rural road side working on a deer carcass. Stood on that deer carcass and just gave me a "you too if you drop dead" stare.

8. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

A n old college buddy from Sitka told me that the landfill was covered with bald eagles. They're apex predators from the air, just one tiny step below their larger golden cousins actually, but just as opportunistic as any sea gull.

Back in my field service days there was a stretch of highway in south central Wyoming where several golden eagles had the rabbit roadkill smorgasbord staked out. Had one come right over the car flying with me and his wing span was the entire width of the lane. 8+ feet at a minimum. Crazy big birds. Awesome to see up close.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  9. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

Reminds me of a weather station at a small airport. It was a tripod of sticks with a rock hanging on a rope from it. If the rock is wet its raining. If it has snow on it than its snowing. If the rock is swaying it is windy.

Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
  10. BTPost

No, Really.... This is a REAL Sign, posted outside the Airports Main Entrance...These is a whole article in todays issue of the Juneau Empire... The bottom stuff as put on the sign to bring a bit of Levity into the Signs Message... It was posted after a few Coyote Encounters, with Touristoes, over the last few years... People think they are just wild canines, (feral dogs) but they are much worse... I really want one of these for our “Road that Airplanes, land on” to warn the newbie Cannery Workers to watch out for our local coyote... and his Bear buddies...

11. HK_User

What's the cost?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. BTPost

I have No idea.... but whatever it is, it would be worth it, because most of the Newbies are snowflakes, who barely remember Loonie Tunes from their Childhood Saturday Morning Television watching...

13. HK_User

Yotes is only one reason I never go unarmed.

Lancer, oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Loonie Tunes...Your telling on yourself....lol

Yard Dart likes this.
  15. BTPost

Just stating my Age...

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I have seen coyotes run and span the distance of the 2 lane road at full kick, probably 100 yards in 4 seconds .
    with a 223 at 100 yards you'd need to lead the critter by a foot at least.
    Like bear you can not out run them and if provoked can be formidable grouped together.
    I rescued a little girl once that had feral dogs circling her probably a 20' circle , I had no weapon but snow to throw at them and drive them away. Had the situation been further in the woods and more determined it may not have turned out so well .

17. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

Around here we have both coyotes and feral hogs. I'm not sure which is the dominant critter: probably a mutual respect/fear situation as any inner city gang structure is. Either alone is very vulnerable to a pack of the other. In any event I'm always armed when in the woods fields here.

oldman11, Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  18. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

I LOVE coyotes !!!!! 1) I grew up watching one trying to catch a high speed bird out in the desert and 2) first time I heard one howl I was in a tent and it simply made the girl I was sharing it with "move closer for safety reasons" .... ;) :D

oldawg, SB21, oldman11 and 3 others like this.
  19. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Safety first!

oldman11 likes this.
  20. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I was motorcycle camping on a small forest lake once, and a guy in a van pulls in across the lake. He had a small yap dog, which kept yapping. The coyotes were all around us howling, but slowly eased in towards the van.
    Those yotes were looking forward to an easy meal.
    The guy finally cranked up and left.
    I listened to the "song dogs" through the night. Pistol ready, of course.

Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7