Your 2015 Garden, what are you doing?

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by kckndrgn, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Our seeds arrived today!

The deer fence is up also.

Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  2. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

OK, so here it is, middle of February down in SE NM. I have a plum tree that always blossoms early....yep, it's doing it again right now. We're supposed to have highs in the mid 80's for the next 8-10 days and a possibility of rain on Sunday, so I expect my peach and apricot trees to come out, too. Drat! Wayyyy too early.
    Kajun

Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  3. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

We are expecting the first crop of potatoes to be ready to dig next week, and the corn is tasslin. Been getting green onions and radishes for a few weeks now. Just ran through the cultivators through the new peas, beans, okra and corn first of the week. Expecting the first toms and peppers soon as well. Life is good:)

BlueDuck, Yard Dart and Ganado like this.
  4. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Sounds like your at least 2 months ahead of me. Been eating radishes and lettuce, but the rest is just getting a good start.

5. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Just FYI we are In 2016 and there is a 2016 garden thread

6. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Sorry G. I didn't see it when I posted.

Ganado likes this.
  7. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

@Ganado
    How do I find the 2016 garden thread. I have tried "garden" in the search and get almost nothing.

8. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    Tully Mars and T. Riley like this.
  9. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Tip for searching....add *** marks before small words. Needs at least 5 characters to search. Otherwise it will spit out common or too small words from the search box.

Yard Dart and T. Riley like this.
  10. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

So I was going down into the valley to weed what I call my "duck garden" because of why it was built.

Stepped over the berm and a female gambles flew up, landed a short way away, 2-3 chicks joined her, I thought that was strange, then saw the rest of the brood under a bunch of grass, probably 12+ in all, the male joined in and took charge of the chicks, I left, ... one more reason not to weed the garden,.. tomorrow I will weed the garden 20'X20'.
    Rancher

Gator 45/70, T. Riley and Ganado like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7