Your Christmas Tree-2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BTPost, Dec 16, 2017.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Tree 2017.

The Gordon's Christmas Tree for 2017.... It looked a LOT smaller, when we cut it down...

GOG, Gator 45/70, HK_User and 12 others like this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

That is beautiful! @BTPost very festive.

Bandit99 and Seepalaces like this.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Motomom's family tree

IMG_3336.JPG

My Aunt made some snowflakes. I am not sure how but I love them.
    IMG_3332.JPG

4. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

Merry Christmas!!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2017
  5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

We got a fake one - do they count? Can I post it? I don't want to cut any of my pretty trees down LOL!

Gator 45/70, HK_User, techsar and 2 others like this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Me, too, but for the short term, my camera is flipping me the bone, so I'll spare all the view of a Charlie Brown plastic tree. Fake or needle droppers, they all count.

7. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

Heck yeah! My husband is the live tree fan in our family. For me, $40 for 40 years sounds like a terrific deal. My mom's fake tree has the lights already on it and you can program them to whatever colors you like! Too cool!!

8. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Mine's fake too, but if it's any consolation it's dropping needles like a real one.

9. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I'm not a holiday kind of gal I guess

ChristmasTree2017.JPG

10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Can't wait to see your Christmas tree. Fake or real it is the spirit of that counts.

11. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

To me the only thing that counts is the "reason for the season."

oldawg, HK_User, Seepalaces and 3 others like this.
  12. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

HK_User and Seepalaces like this.
  13. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Mine is in a box in the attic...same place it's been for over a decade. But I'm sure it's still pretty! ;)

14. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

lovely trees! my paper tree display
    [​IMG]

15. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

No inside tree here, just trees out side!

16. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Just finished decorating...

IMG_2842. IMG_2846. IMG_2848.

17. RightHand

I haven't had a tree in the house since my daughter left home 25 or so years ago. I hate to see a tree cut for no purpose so in the fall, I would dig a hole outside then on Christmas eve, I would buy a live balled tree that I would plant during the January thaw. My success rate was dismal. One year just before she left home, she asked me if I was going to buy a dead tree or get a live one and kill it myself. :)

Christmas season in our house was rather unconventional.

When my daughter was young, I wanted her to understand the meaning of Christmas rather than presents that she would get. I tried to limit her concentration of what would come to her and try to teach her the pleasure of doing for others. Most of the presents we gave were home made - jellies, baked goods, sewed or knitted items, pictures, or maybe some special thing we had found while walking through the woods. We made wreaths out of princess pine or grasses we had dried in the fall. We would tape record messages for one another and give the cassette tapes for family. I have the most wonderful tape of her at about 5 years old trying to tell "Twas the Night Before Christmas" where she referred to Santa as "this littleeee person." Santa Claus put up our Christmas tree on Christmas Eve and brought a few gifts. I loved seeing the astonishment on her face when she came down the stairs on Christmas morning and for the first time, saw the tree and the presents. I have the most beautiful pictures of her from those first few moments. I continued the tradition with my grandchildren and we spent months preparing gifts for one another. I taught them all to sew and to cook and I tried to teach them to think beyond themselves. They are all adults now and I see their pleasure in making someone else happy and none of this has to do with a Christmas tree. My job is done

18. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I got a real tree but dead as some say.
    People raise these for a living just like bacon and eggs.
    Just doing what the wife tells me to do!

19. RightHand

Tree farms are n important part of the local economies and I don't begrudge them the earning from their efforts. It just wasn't right for me.

You're a good husband but when you are unmarried, there aren't too many people who can tell you what to do![LMAO]

20. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Tree farms also improve the atmosphere. You do NOT need to be a greenie to recognize the CO2 reduction by green plants. (Just don't burn the dead ones without at least recovering the heat.)

1. Hanzo
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Motomom34
  4. Andy the Aussie
  5. Yard Dart
  6. Motomom34
  7. Ganado
  8. runswithdogs
  9. Meat
  10. Yard Dart
  11. Motomom34
  12. Bishop