Your Christmas Tree-2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BTPost, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

This is the tree I wanted you can put more presents under it. Basg6pJIIAAmWol.

2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Yes dear, Goes a long ways in marriage

Ganado, oldawg, Seepalaces and 4 others like this.
  3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

For me, Christmas has been a secular celebration for many decades. Sometimes we have had a Christmas tree (when our children were very much younger), and sometimes not. The Inclusion of trees at Christmas time, is a relatively recent Christian tradition, preceded by the Norse and Roman celebrations of the winter solstice, and Saturnalia respectively. Christianity does, what Christianity does best....syncretise ancient pagan practices, and then attach Jesus to the appropriated traditions thus disguising and replacing the pagan elements of ancient traditional seasonal celebrations.

On occasion, we have settled for a Festivus pole....

I like @RightHand 's christmas tree. Colourful, artistic, and. with care....likely to serve for many years.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  4. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Sorry for slow reply as we had Christmas company. We always have a nicely decorated home and tree as both of us are Christmas activists. It's a family tradition and we really enjoy it.

Well...I guess I will not be uploading a photo because it continues to error out. I get to 62% or 69% and then an error message. The photo is perhaps too big? It is 1.6Mb...Hmmm. a smaller 200Kb photo seems to have worked...

2017-12-17-258.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  5. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

In case you don't celebrate it this is what it is my nephews which some of them are only 3 years younger than I am wrestle around and some times it becomes a any thing goes garbage bag inside a pillow case choke down eye gouge fish hook rear naked choke triangle choke festives is not over until someone is pinned or pissed

Gator 45/70, chelloveck and Motomom34 like this.
  6. jasonl6

jasonl6 Monkey+++

My parents started a tradition of giving one Christmas ornament on Christmas eve to each child (me and 2 sisters). The idea being by the time we left home we would have 18-20 ornaments of our own. My wife and I kept this going with our son. It's fun to decorate the tree. Ever ornament has a special memory, the teenage mutant ninja turtle, the you might be a redneck if your Christmas tree has a deer stand, the moose cutout from our trip to New Hampshire ect.

20171209_204428.

Ganado, Motomom34 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

If you look closely at our Tree, in Post #1, you will see a whole bunch of Wallace Silversmith Christmas Bells... AlaskaChick’s Folks have given us, the New Bell of. the year, every year we have been married... We have the Complete Set, as we bought the original Two Years Bells, on eBay a couple of Decades ago... There are NOW 40+ Silver Bells on our Tree... The Bubble Lights were a gift from my Folks, and a fond childhood memory for me.... As a young child, my sister and I would time each Light from turning ON to First Bubble, and record it in a Journal, for Santa to inspect, when he came to deliver the Gifts... and munch the cookies, we had made...Memories of Christmas Passed..

Bandit99 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Mine have started making and giving me home made ornaments, I like this.

IMAG01116.

IMAG01117.

IMAG01118.

9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Best kind.

10. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Not a tree but figgure this thread is best place for it.

My holly wreath.
    IMG_2872.

Motomom34, Bandit99, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  11. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

So the wife & I went delivering the Panettone fruit cake's ! It was Nice to see the locals & chatted for a we bit with all.
    To My delight I did meet Mrs Santa , she is a good friend on ours & I had no idea .
    Her husband Chris 89 go's the the post office daily in DEC to pickup children's letter's to Santa , Patricia is the one who answers them all in our village . All envelopes are custom made looking like the north pole sent & there are 3 different internal pre-printed letters if the house had sent in 3 different kid letters .
    Pat reads them & custom leaves a written ending .

I NEVER KNEW SHE WAS MRS SANTA !!

If there is a letter sent that is sad & needs Salvation Army / food bank help , that's when were sent to help.

Not being in a kid world & no kids , I won't ever see them @ school / sports etc. Not that we play Santa , but food & gifts or what will feed a stomach & heart is delivered.
    So here is our tree & the bird dog with her flock she looks after till we start hatching again .

IMG_5132.JPG

IMG_5135.JPG

IMG_5137.JPG
    The ducks are waiting to go to bed ..

I was lucky to know Mrs SC !!

Sloth

12. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

20171215_195217.

Man cave Christmas tree

13. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Looks like a set up for 9 ladies dancing....

Motomom34 and Bishop like this.
  1. Hanzo
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Motomom34
  4. Andy the Aussie
  5. Yard Dart
  6. Motomom34
  7. Ganado
  8. runswithdogs
  9. Meat
  10. Yard Dart
  11. Motomom34