Your dream land/home ?

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by Nadja, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Well, considering veg oil is able to be burned in Lister-and listeroids....a press and plenty of planting to keep my fuel stocks up. =) We can live without if need be.

2. kicking44

kicking44 Monkey+

Well actually, I am already on the land... Would like to build an underground or earth sheltered home, build the acre or so lake, add a few critters, and get some alternative power going. Sounds like I need either a lot more time or a lottery hit myself! :)

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

time to start is, NOW, even if it is only PLANNING.... You can NEVER have enough PLANNING....

4. Falcon15

Meh, the earth sheltered home plans on the interwebs seem to be reasonable price-wise.

5. Disciple

Disciple Monkey+

well my dream spot would Be porcupine creek up in BTPOST country. About 50 acres or so of Densly wooded property that I could cut some trees down for a nice log home, A nice large solar power system to take advantage of the 16 to 18 hours of sunlight in the summer, then a few wind turbines for additional maybe even a old fashioned hydro-power system so I could really make the Power, I want to be trully self sufficient. Cant Really raise many animals up there cause you attract too many of those grizzlies, So I would have plenty of meats canned, then go with allot of Dehydrated veggies and fruits.

But I most likely not be able to do Porcupine Creek So I would be just as happy in Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi,Louisiana,Texas,South Carolina or Arizona.
    I just want to be somewhere in the South with like-minded individuals around me.

6. Falcon15

You and me both Disciple. You and me both.

7. Lit 1911

Lit 1911 Monkey+

My house.It is literally at the end of the road,it takes 30 minutes to drive to the nearest store,and thats if im not stuck behind a slowpoke.

At first i thought an island,but thats just too easy to be discovered by some random boater.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7