Your Picture of the day.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Dec 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

You find a LOT of signs similar to those, here in Cambodia.

Here's my pic of the day, one of my best friends to hang with in an afternoon... just took a photo of him and Coke, in a rocks glass.
    2018-06-19 16.

2. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

_20180619_190104.JPG I've found a load that the old Colt and I both like. It shoots far better than I can hold or see.

For you ammo geeks. Load is 4.5gr Unique with a 230gr jacketed bullet. I like the slightly low point-of-impact since it won't distort my point-of-aim. Too light a load for 1911. I'll stick with 6gr Unique for them.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

@hot diggity
    Somehow your Colt post keeps coming back ----

4. hot diggity

Terribly slow 3g connection, and it kept giving me a message that read "Unspecified Error". I think I have it down to just one now.
    Sorry about using up the extra bandwidth. That's what I get for trying to post directly from the phone.

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

No problem, it's just wunna dem tings. (The Colt LUVS what you're feeding it!!)

6. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

I can appreciate this. It drives me nuts to make posts from my phone, even on the odd occasion where I am tempted to do it.

7. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

The NW tip of WA.....

Clallam Bay.

8. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

image.
    Blackberry wine. Just about ready to bottle. It's going to be my Winter beverage.

Zimmy, Motomom34, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
  9. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

and different brand labels i see ...when is the taste testing?

10. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

I must admit I have already tasted it. The wild blackberry needed sweeting the domesticated berries did not. I've made beer and moonshine but this is the first go at wine.

11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Good stuff! I like Muscadine as well

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2018
    Zimmy and Witch Doctor 01 like this.
  12. hot diggity

I have not seen this since September 1999. No shooters on the range during normal weekend hours. I had about an hour delay with no shooters back then, but that was after Hurricane Floyd had taken off half the roof during the night. KIMG2530.

13. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

image. image. image. image.
    Honey Harvesting Day. We did 25 pounds today, 80 pounds left to do. Two hives and we will harvest again in the fall.

14. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Camodogs......

857CC717-0713-4B2C-B62B-0456C76DBA20.

Took the dogs for a forrest hike but there were tons of flys buzzing around. Tucked a couple bits of bracken into their collars to keep the flys off there faces (like a fan) both dogs obviously understood the idea and dident try to shake/rub/pull the fronds away. Even where it was actully laying across their faces. Plus they both seemed quite chuffed with there new camo and the flys seemed to leave them alone.

15. hot diggity

16. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Gracie loved some time around the fire last night!!!

20180708_194552.

17. hot diggity

18. hot diggity

KIMG2571.
    Not huge bunches of Muscadine grapes, but I'm happy with the numbers from these four year old vines. The vines have grown from cuttings to completely cover a 25' square pergola and provide wonderful shade. Now that they've covered the desired area I'll concentrate on helping them produce greater numbers of grapes.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Yard Dart, Gator 45/70 and T. Riley like this.
  19. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Behind my BOL. We have been seeing two good bucks for the last three season which we agreed not to kill. Looks like it is paying off. They are on the gun range.
    Bigbucks.JPG

Mountainman, wagnerd, SB21 and 3 others like this.
  20. hot diggity

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7